Domain Manage

Car Depreciation Calculator

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by terryhenry, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terryhenry

terryhenry Active Member

Oct 2008
    Does anyone know where I can get a free feed for my car site?
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

DomainAngel Retired Member

Sep 2006

best thing you can do, is to drill into your customers heads that a guide is only a guide.

dealers still subscribe to glass's guide, but its only as a back up, most groups have policies on how to value, and growingly they use CAP guide.

Very unusual to get anyone to offer more than cap average, which is always several hundred below glass's.

If you really want to do your visitors a favour, give them the way to get a car value.

send them to Arnold Clark's website, find their car, and trade price is a grand less, private sale is £300 less.

If any of your customers disagree, they are wrong, ask them to try and sell it for more, and I can guarantee you they wont be able to.

Glass's guide is now just used to show customers how cheap the dealers cars they are selling are.

If you really do want a valuation system, just set up your own database or spreadsheet, and do what parkers guide do, just tell visitors their car is worth loads more than it is :> Sells plenty of guides but totally useless.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.