Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Changing home page content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Whats the worst that has happened to you when you have changed your home page content,
I did this last night I did change 90% of it and I seem to have lost all my rankings, even my 1st spots to not even in the top 100 anymore

Whats the worst that has happened to you when you have changed your home page content,
I did this last night I did change 90% of it and I seem to have lost all my rankings, even my 1st spots to not even in the top 100 anymore

Welcome to the (google) dance, give it time and you may get your old placements back.

I really hope so, I just got the website settled as well, but now I changed things for the better, better and more unquie content and this is how they repay me!!! Bas***ds haha

Bing and yahoo didnt move surprise surprise.

There is something extremely weird going on with a lot of rankings this week :/

Oh really?

One of my sites was doing the google dance for 2 months and its was so wierd as it was every 8 days, and always 8 days, finally stopped now but stopped at the worst rankings in the end

What have you seen going on? I have lost 5 1st page in G to not in top 100 now

Funny how google says it wants fresh unique content for ranking, so you get about 3000 words added to a site and it doesnt help and makes things 10 times worse, only in google though.

Hmmm still hasnt even moved back at all, still out of the top 100, how can it go from 1st to out of the top 100 and not come back after a week!?

Hmmm still hasnt even moved back at all, still out of the top 100, how can it go from 1st to out of the top 100 and not come back after a week!?

Because out of the billions of pages that Google crawls, indexes and ranks, 7 days is not a long time in the grand scheme of things.

With no malice intended, can you honestly look at your website - all the way through it - and think "yup, my website adds genuine value to Google and it's users and it's rankings should represent the value my website brings".

With all due respect, alongside you, I and every other affiliate, Google can source the very same products and the majority of product descriptions from the merchant themselves.

What extra's are you offering?
What makes your site so different and that much better than any other affiliate website that markets the same product as you?

Most of the time, with issues like you are currently facing, you should look inwards rather than outwards to find the answers you seek.

If you're expecting to see instant results then SEO may not be for you.

Changing the content may not even be the reason it changed rankings, it may just be G deciding where to stick a newly crawled domain.

Add content, build links, repeat.

Watching it daily and crying isn't going to do any good :p

To be fair the site was ranking really well before, so I decided to treat the site with about 3000+ words of new content, which in the end game isnt this what google bangs on it wants?

Anyway, adding all of this well hasnt done it any favours at all, there is no copied content on there so google cant sting me for that, so none of my products look the same as ie amazon.

I can say though my website is providing more than some of the rubbish that is ranking before me

To be fair the site was ranking really well before, so I decided to treat the site with about 3000+ words of new content, which in the end game isnt this what google bangs on it wants?

Anyway, adding all of this well hasnt done it any favours at all, there is no copied content on there so google cant sting me for that, so none of my products look the same as ie amazon.

I can say though my website is providing more than some of the rubbish that is ranking before me

What's the site?

Edit:If it's the one in your sig with 930 pages of majority duplicate content and about 20 backlinks all with the same anchor text then I wouldn't really hold up much hope of the site rankings returning that easily.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom