Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Cheapflights .co .uk domain value?

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by crazihos, Jan 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. domainseller200 United Kingdom

domainseller200 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I have done a simple 1 page website for the time being so will see what happens when I get more time on my hands, as I am LITERALLY snowed under with work.

Thanks for your input it is very much appreciated ;)

http://www.cheapplaneflights.co.uk

2. mistrymit

mistrymit Active Member

travel domains

i have flyny.co.uk & winter-getaways.co.uk & winter- jetways.co.uk

have these any value?

let me know what you guys out there think of these names

regards
    mitesh

3. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

What did you spend Doug, £80k? now it's more than you spent with me but I'm getting over it... slowly. You've got backers, we all got ideas, I have dozens, real good ones as well, I just went touring instead but it'll come. You got backers, you got the domain... ssss and the finance and the idea.

Put fly.co.uk on telly and it's memorable, people on here swear by memorable, short and catchy, so you can chuck your cheap flights in the bin, if doug was after a search tearm, he'd have spent £80k on four of them.

Nah you need quick media, if fly is positioned with the right product, the right tagline, the right advertising company and the righty ditty, then it will fly and you may well fly with it, through and by it and it will fly past many others on the way. You'd all buy shares in it. seo delivers, the right generic delivers, not sure why people are comparing it to cheap flights, I know people that won't go near wizzair so it aint the be all and end all.

But like you say, everything needs a slant and an idea, I got them by the shed load but not the finance so got to start small although have been told can have small backing but that's just conversation. I'm knuckling down this year just working with incompetent companies at the moment read the terms, nah you supply the service you bloody idiot, it's what companies are supposed to do, nothing like English customer service... them were the days... gone.

Fly can fly, you don't spend £80k and not make the money back ten fold within a year or two. You can stick your seo and search terms sometime, it has its benefits, a little bit of everything helps but I do wonder what the traffic is like on type ins, word of mouth for the product in the future.

Would I have sold my house and financed the purchase of fly.co.uk for £80k. No because as someone said, you need more money but Doug has his successes, they're visible, if fly takes off I want an invite. :mrgreen:

4. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

By the by, I just got flighttickets.co.uk

I think that looks pretty much spot on and upmarket.

5. landlord

landlord Active Member

good name

good name Lee.

Yes fly with good backing will indeed fly just not my business model

Lee

6. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

and it should cater for the business flyer, advertised as and include the rest of society at the same time, a good time to do so as it goes if my opinion is anything to go by.

I got proper stuck in russia in November, turned away at the border by russian border police and sent back to moscow - 8 hours, slept at a train station and facing another night without hotel in the middle of a snow drift, we were advised by a girls dad that they had an embassy for visas at the airport, so I paid out for extra flights back - we were going back through the ukraine and kiev by train.

I managed to get an £150 each pair of flight tickets back through poland, spent the day there, flew back into otopeni in a plane that was three seats across, amazing - someone joked 'air force beasescu' - only just learning romanian so aint too bine yet, the others paid £400 odd just to go from bucharest to poland return, we got a bargain because I found that on kayak at the internet cafe after much arguing and searching and aided by a very helpful girl on the desk who says, I aint really supposed to sell you the cheapest but i like you - as always - and spent the day in warsaw.

And as for cheapflights and those other package sites like lastminute, they aint the competition, I use skyscanner and kayak for my flying, bugger the complicated others but flight margins aint great so they got to sell the add ons, as will fly in time no doubt - see wizzair for perfect add on opportunities... like car rentals.. cornering the market Doug? ;)

*Oh yes, the point about it being a good time. Having already flown first class with klm on two planes via amsterdam when my mum died and had only just landed in Bucharest when told had to go back urgently... those flights were amazing (especially dam to heathrow, two seats in middle aisle, huge seats, then two either side) and expensive but to pick up tickets for a journey like that from moscow to bucharest via poland and spend the day there and then also fly on a three seat across plane from poland, I'll be looking to do that again rather than just opting for wizz, although I'm hoping to get back to England at the end of the month via them, $50 one way, cheaper than birmingham to London on a train, a branson rip off.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.