Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

claiming a twitter handle

Paullas

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Does anyone have any experience of claiming a twitter handle. The one i want hast been used since 2009 so trying to find who i contact in twitter land to try and claim it.

Any help/advice appreciated.

Cheers

Iv`e found it impossible! but if anyone does know away I`d also like to know how.

I have also found it fairly impossible. Twitter do not care, even if the handle is unused for several years. If it isn't trademarked you have no grounds to stand on and I wouldn't even bother trying. This is coming from someone who has been through the whole process and come out none the wiser.

Even if it is trademarked, Twitter won't necessarily hand it over unless they think the registration is abusive. I asked for one which is suspended and they refused on the grounds that the account wasn't attempting to mislead.

Even if it is trademarked, Twitter won't necessarily hand it over unless they think the registration is abusive. I asked for one which is suspended and they refused on the grounds that the account wasn't attempting to mislead.

If it's trademarked though, you can do legal things about it with or without Twitters say so.

Dude what. I’ve gotta try this. Been trying to get one in particular for years.

What sort of information do you upload for a business account? I need to prove a trading name, how do I go about that?

Have a chat with s secnam (Paul) had a great conversation with him earlier on the phone, a real top bloke! Nice to talk to you Paul, thanks for your help.

It's pure potluck.

With some of our brands, the Twitter profile hasn't been used for a decade and, despite repeatedly contacting Twitter, they won't do anything about it.

In the case of one of our brands (FreeCashback), the Twitter handle had been 'registered' by someone but was not being used and we were pleasantly surprised when Twitter gave it to us many years back. So we were able to migrate to using it rather than an inferior handle (FreeCashbackUK).

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom