Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

classy link bait..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Julian, you'll have to explain this one to me, I don't get it :confused:

You say it's a link bait, but no link has been posted, so how is it a link bait?

Her avatar gives what away?

tis' perhaps a fake, provocative post to ultimately generate traffic = more sponsor impressions, ad clicks etc, etc

the non-marketing/tech savvy audience on forums like this are lambs to the slaughter

also..

her join date = Oct 2014, the avatar was what did it - too 'good'

Julian, you'll have to explain this one to me, I don't get it :confused:

You say it's a link bait, but no link has been posted, so how is it a link bait?

Her avatar gives what away?

Last edited:
tis' perhaps a fake, provocative post to ultimately generate traffic = more sponsor impressions, ad clicks etc, etc

the non-marketing/tech savvy audience on forums like this are lambs to the slaughter

Looks like it worked then

I'm getting confused on how a link bait works, I had it in my head that you get something to go viral, so that someone visits a link, yet there are no links on that topic for people to visit.

Even if it's a bait just to get people to visit that topic, how will that make any money from clicks for the person who started the topic, unless you're suggesting the owners of that forum started the topic with a fake account?

the avatar was what did it - too 'good'

Still no idea what you mean about the avatar, it's a photo of a woman, what's the relevance to the avatar?

No, it's in-bound links to the site the 'link-bait' is on.

Someone 'connected' with the site creates a provocative blog/forum post that gets users all uppity. It creates traffic to the page and gets if lucky some viral awareness from social sites to get more inbound traffic.

Site benefits from said inbound traffic from paid ad impressions and ctr on displayed ads.

'Link Bait' 101...

Newpaper online sites like the Daily Mail & Express are noted proponents of this and do it in a way that it avoids them having to set up micro-payments as broadsheet online sites have. You'll see quite a few link-bait articles & lots of ads.

Last edited:
Do you think it would have worked on a Men only forum?

[/JOKE]

*waits for a link to julian's Men only forum to appear to complete the real but poor linkbait*

[/Also a Joke] :rolleyes:

am I the only who just gets taken to a login page? Sadly I dont have a account on "netmums" haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom