Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Clearing the clutter of VHS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm having a large clear out of many unwanted items at the moment (a 'clutter clearing' exercise!) - amongst which is a large collection of Star Trek Videos (complete series of Voyager on VHS, DS9, etc) and many other original films, Disney, etc, etc.

These VHS tapes represent much money at the time and many years of collecting, it seems a shame to just chuck them away and I don't think selling is an option as people don't want them. You also can't give VHS tapes away either - even to charity.

I even have quite a few CD-i discs, lol and a player somewhere - anyone ever get one of these too?!

They are taking up much space, so must go! Anyone face this problem and come up with a worthwhile method of disposing of or recycling?! :)

Last edited:
Well, it seems the once popular VHS can't even be recycled well without splashing out loads of £££ - so I might have to bite the bullet and take them to the tip which is a shame! :(

I managed to shift some of mine no problem by putting a 'help yourself' box outside. Such a shame when you consider what was spent on them, but can't really do much about that. The rest are in the loft which is where they will probably stay until they are highly collectable and will make me a fortune :p

Well, it seems the once popular VHS can't even be recycled well without splashing out loads of £££ - so I might have to bite the bullet and take them to the tip which is a shame! :(

Can't you hand them into a charity shop ?

I managed to shift some of mine no problem by putting a 'help yourself' box outside. Such a shame when you consider what was spent on them, but can't really do much about that. The rest are in the loft which is where they will probably stay until they are highly collectable and will make me a fortune :p

Yeah, so much ££££ over the years! The box is a good idea! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom