Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

.co.uk domain info on appraisals needed

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by serenangel, Jun 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serenangel

serenangel New Member

Hi

Im new to the forum so hello to everyone!

Have a few questions...as one would expect by the title i have a domain which i have had for 5 years or so, undeveloped and up for sale for a good majority of that time, it's a .co.uk and i have been approached by a broker, he has a client that is interested in purchasing it because it is relevant to his project. Now, i have sold a dot com with the same name 3 years ago, and did it by myself, and got a reasonable offer for it of $2000. I possibly foolishly indicated this to the broker , and of course he is now assuming this is what i want for it..and i know .co.uk's are not as in demand .com's but if this guy is going through a broker it suggests he be willing to pay a bit more :D Not that i want to be greedy..just get a nice tidy sum. Anyway

I am in a two minds.
    a) Just to get rid of it and ask for a nominal price around the same as i sold the .com, or
    b) to get a reasonably priced appraisal, by a company such as sedo in order to establish an optimum price, if there is one. Of course i am aware whats worth to one is not necessarily the same worth to another...and i really want to sell it now...but It's a little harder to get a .co.uk appraised it seems than .coms...

So to questions:

#1 Are there any other companies that offer a reasonable priced appraisal service other than Sedo?
    #2 Transfering a .co.uk is it more complicated than .com's?
    #3 I see appraisals are done here but how accurate are they?

Would really appreciate some help.

My domain is www.bandschool.co.uk

Cheers

2. aqls

aqls Well-Known Member

Hi Loren,

1st, you are under no obligation to sell it as you know.
    nor are you under any obligation to sell it at any pre determined price.

.co.uk can fetch higher than .com sometimes because of its perceived local value.

Sedo valuations are pretty crap IMO

In fact any valuation will not get you any further forward from where you are now.

It boils down to whether you want/need the money now and/or whether you think you'll get better offers for this domain.

IMO $2000 for bandschool.co.uk looks an ok offer.

It's possibly these guys?
    http://www.ipyramidia.com/bandschool.com/index.htm

Yes, transferring .co.uk's is a pain and costs £35 odd and some postage and time. Not big enough a problem to affect the price.

-aqls-

3. serenangel

serenangel New Member

Hi aqls

Bless you for your response, as for the guys that is actually one of my webpages..www.iPyramidia.com is my main webdesign site, but you may of actually hit it on the nail! See i bought the domains both .com and .co.uk for a woman who was..my friend, for a project of hers, created the site, spent more hours than i care to remember on it, and she never paid me for all the work or the site that she agreed to do..so i held on to it.but i wondered if after all this time she is still trying to get it...:rolleyes:

As for $2000 it's not much if you work that out in pounds at the exchange rate at moment, and i was think regardless of who it may be, around £1700 - £2000 is more a reasonable price? Course if it's one of these show biz type organisations...i will be kicking myself..but i will never know...not unless i have another buyer to play them off with.

Right well i guess i will leave Sedo alone then and just give a figure. Maybe some others will give their opinion on price..

And thanks aqls for telling me the transfer costs, that will come in handy..paperwork i can deal with :D

4. denchomsky United Kingdom

denchomsky Well-Known Member

I agree with -aqls- he knows what he's talking about.
    The name doesn't really mean that much to me.......... school for bands? like rock school?.... even at £1000 i think it's a good deal.

As for the transfer cost's, in most case's the buyer would pay.

5. serenangel

serenangel New Member

Thanks Denchomsky for your advice..:)

As for transfer fees, yes my last buyer i made pay them....and your right bandschool is only useful for a kind of music school.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2006
  6. Pred United Kingdom

Pred Well-Known Member

bandschool.co.uk

don't hang about, it's a very generous offer. take it & run. i personally see no potential in it (don't mean to be rude)

7. serenangel

serenangel New Member

It wasn't an offer predator, it was what i was paid for the .com of the same name 3 years ago, and your not being rude..as i said potential is in the eye of the beholder :) It is specific yes, but as for potential it has as much if not more than some that i have seen that are pretty inane and go for a good price..So the up shot..

I have been busy with many things and i haven't bothered to responded, can't be that interested just curiosity other wise he would of chased it, always weary when brokers get involved... Thanks to all of you who commented tho!:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.