Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DomainLore Auction colon.org.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decent number of exacts makes this an attractive investment for someone.

It could be you!

I'm struggling as to why a good single word domain, in what I believe is it's most suitable extension, with 8100 reported local exacts, hasn't had a bid of £50 yet. Surely it's worth that?
Any feedback or thoughts from anyone please?

Alternatively bid quick, as the auction closes Monday 24th at 12.45 pm.

Thanks,
Chris

I'm struggling as to why a good single word domain, in what I believe is it's most suitable extension, with 8100 reported local exacts, hasn't had a bid of £50 yet. Surely it's worth that?
Any feedback or thoughts from anyone please?

I think it's a name that you'll struggle to sell for a number of reasons:

"Colon" is ambiguous between punctuation and the body part as such the exacts are hard to quantify - if a largish number of the searches are looking for a word definition then it's very low value traffic.
"Colon" even wrt the body part is non specific, so it's difficult to monetise - 'colonic irrigation' is longer but would sell far better as it has more specific options wrt monetisation.
If you search G for "colon" there's one advertiser - and they are not advertising for "colon" but "colon problems" according to G.
I don't think that there are many domains where org.uk is the 'natural extension' and this isn't one of them by a long shot IMO.

Saying that - there's no reason why it shouldn't sell if someone likes it enough - it's certainly better than some of the names that sell on DL or here for £50+.

Good luck.

Thanks Ty for taking the time to post.

Whilst I appreciate the punctuation v medical useage of the word, I think that the latter does shine through, unless you're some 'full stop freak'!! That said, I accept that the word isn't specific enough to any one particular issue.

When I meant most suitable extension I was thinking of the .uk's, and that that the non-profit, helpline use of the org.uk was better than the co.uk or me.uk, both of which are registered.

The .com also appears to be developed, and bearing in mind I'm still a new kid on the block, find it difficult to understand why it's not worth a £50 shout! I guess that it just boils down to the simple 'supply and demand' basics of selling.

Feedback from anyone with experience is therefore appreciated. Thanks again.

Chris
domainline.co.uk

P.S. It's still there for £50 if anyone fancies it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom