Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Come on Sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been asking Sedo for years to provide me a .UK only RSS feed with a filtered list of domains that would be appropriate for displaying on Acorn homepage. They advertise a .UK feed but it's full of everything.

Aside from the usual unpronounceable and Spanish .COM domains, it has this one today:

http://sedo.de/auction/auction_detail.php?auction_id=161426&tracked=&partnerid=14743&language=e

Really? Clean your act up Sedo - (no pun intended)

I really do not want to be pushed auctions of this nature via RSS feed. At least the domain is offered with no content - phiew!

Admin

Can you not traverse the xml and search for ".co|org|me|*.uk" and rebuild the list on a cron ?

Maybe talk to Denys? He seems able to produce a similar list for DomainLore and he might be willing to give you a few pointers as to how he did so...

Drop them. From memory the cookie on the referral only lasts the duration of the browser follow through. Users coming back (that you referred) you get naught.

I do make a bit from referrals. I doubt Denys would share any code with me so will have to find another way.

thanks all

Admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom