Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Court orders Nominet to repay Member Subscriptions

Looked them up - I can see a large part of their work is in Australia. Hope we're not footing the bill for the Aussies getting internet access! They can afford it themselves. Also the exec pay is very nice if you can land one of these jobs. Top earner shown is on about £150k (last published accounts - and inc pension contributions).

You'd think after PublicBenefit that Nominet would learn to behave, because attracting attention like this always brings more stuff to the surface. I hope it all comes crumbling down.

There's usually a six year limitation period for what you can claim. As far as I can see, there is no right to charge a joining fee anywhere. So maybe a £1,000 per member as a starting point.

But in Iain Mitchell KC's opinion (link here), he raises the question of unjust enrichment, which in turn might mean that no limitation period applies. It's a complicated question that he leaves open in his opinion, but it could mean it's possible to go back to 1997/98.

You'll see at the end of his opinion he urged the parties to try to sort things out by discussing them. All of us involved in Weighted Voting agreed and we tried. We've particiapted in many member calls and events. Unfortunately, all attempts to open more formal talks with the Nominet board have been declined.

Thanks very much to you and Iain for all your efforts in this area. If we manage to get our membership fees back I would certainly like to buy you a good bottle of whisky or something like that to show appreciation.

With the large amount of phantom tags coming out of Milton Keynes a while back, a bumper windfall from Nominet could rejuvenate the town. I'd imagine that local businesses offering garish luminescent veneers, spray tan salons and fake Balenciaga chavwear would particularly benefit. As would cheque cashing stores, to cope with all the cheques made out to the large number of "Smiths" who will be unable to cash the cheques through normal means.

This event will also probably breathe new life into the Bulgarian economy with the Bulgarian cartel's hundreds of tags all receiving hard currency which can be reinvested into travellers caravans, bare knuckle fighting and dog fighting rings.

Last edited:

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom