Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Cpanel or Plesk Or Other

Whats your fave hosting dashboard/control

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just wanting to get an idea of peoples fave hosting ctrl panels. and an idea of the industry standard..

CPanel/WHM - Control Panel & Web Host Manager -Linux

Plesk - Windows

Other - in house, eg Heart or Fasthosts, not including skinned or branded cpanel

Last edited:
Personally I find cpanel/whm the easiest to use, although really depends on what your using it for. Half of my vps/servers don't have a panel installed at all.

cPanel is by far the most used on linux.
And it is a great product most of the time. I do think they have taken their policy of making everything accessable from 3 clicks too far as it really does take some hunting until you get used to it and does generate support calls. The separate sections for resellers and end users is also confusing for some.
Plesk is fantastic from an end users point of veiw. They do find it a lot more intuitive, unless they have been used to cP. From an admin pov Plesk can be a nightmare. If it goes wrong it will go wrong in a big style. This can really cause someone who is not used to it some problems and you cant relay on || to help!

I dont do windows very much personally so wont comment and on my own stuff I dont use any control panel.

Industry standard is the big three, cP, Plesk and DirectAdmin. Market share in that order.

I prefer cPanel. I'd feel even stronger about that decision if I could control my own DNS settings, and my host didn't require me to submit a support ticket every time I created a subdomain or something...

Just found this after searching for people's experiences with Plesk. I've been using cPanel for nigh on 8 years now and was helping someone last night who used Plesk.
Perhaps I'm like the Windows user switching to Linux and complaining it's not the same, but I found Plesk a complete nightmare.

Each to their own I suppose...

Just found this after searching for people's experiences with Plesk. I've been using cPanel for nigh on 8 years now and was helping someone last night who used Plesk.
Perhaps I'm like the Windows user switching to Linux and complaining it's not the same, but I found Plesk a complete nightmare.

Each to their own I suppose...

That could be pretty true, luckily Nick gets me out of a hole with linux and plesk when I try my best to do some amateur reprogramming and break it.

But I am kind of stuck on plesk, I am going to take on a new server soon so might give cpanel a try though.

That could be pretty true, luckily Nick gets me out of a hole with linux and plesk when I try my best to do some amateur reprogramming and break it.
Cheers Graeme, but you really aint that bad. ;)

Liking cpanel as Fasthosts were doing my nut in :)

Cpanel for me. Its easy to use and any noob like me can operate it with out any trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom