Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

crappy sedo parking pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I think its disgusting the quality of parking pages is disgraceful

The management should be shot. To think a company of this size cant get its act togehter to improve its service - no wonder people are parking else where now.

1. you cant change the title or description
2. you can change the meta tags
3. you cant upload a decent graphic for the template

so if a SE does come along it will get a real crap indexing.:mad:

I have over 100 domain parked there at the moment so does anyone know a better place to park them where you can actually optimise the template some what?

time to back to adsense I think..:(

I think all these problems are a symptom of the size of the company, not in spite of. Utterly *$?*!.

Funny how there's no responses from sedo with the negativity they're facing on here at the moment?

Last edited:
I will draw it to their attention

thx - plz pass this on

how stupid can SEDO be?

the better the parking pages look, and the more it gets found, the more clisk they get, THe MORE money SEDO earn - they are shoting themselves in the foot!:rolleyes:

Hi there,

Regarding changing meta tags, etc, we are working on way to do customize them. It's already in the works.

As far as being able to upload your own pictures, etc, that probably will never be allowed, and for a couple of reasons. The biggest reason is that if you are allowed to upload a copyrighted image, Sedo hosts it and we would then take the fall for it. Therefore, we can only offer pictures which we know will cause no trouble. We'll be adding more pictures in the future, so if you have an ideas of what you would like to see, please let us know!

In regards to the appearance of the landing pages: they have all been tested extensively in CTR performance. While you may not personally like some of the layouts, it may be that they are better in terms of conversions. While there is no exact science to choosing layouts/pictures, play around with some variations and see what works best for your domains.

Kind regards,

Brad
[email protected]

ok

Ranting time..

ok the images I can understand. But lets be clear that if you are telling me that those pages hav been 'tested' and optimised' for maximum CTR then who by? a 1978 punk rock band? a blind, 1 handed graphic designer using notepad?

There no way that in toadys internet the average user will be keen to click.

These templates are old, the colors are naff (green & purple yukk!) why is on my adsense site where I have designed custom templates I get almost doulbe the click through rate on those domains?

Also can we have a BLANK template to build in to pages or other websites?

Thank you for responding Brad.

We'll be adding more pictures in the future, so if you have an ideas of what you would like to see, please let us know!

Sedo is supposed to be a company with a strong European foundation, so I don't understand why most of your pictures are American looking ones. Just take five minutes to look around at the pictures you provide us and you'll see what I mean. Even the ones with maps on show North America.

I hope you'll be able to use European focussed pictures.

It's regrettable that an outsider has to suggest something as basic as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom