Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Crazy Domains - £1 .uk reg (Aug 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a limit on .com domains to one per account, register it with a new account and then transfer to your main one. I can talk you through the transfer process if you need it.

Thanks for the offer, I was hoping to register 90 domains. So this may be a little too painful and would raise alarms. Do you know of anyone else offering suitable discounts, cheaper than GoDaddy?

When I try to purchase a domain its changes the price from £1 to £7. The site seems to be a scam :(

I found that. Until i worked out if I'm logged out when I choose them, then only log in when I have to (at that bit in the registration process) it all goes to £1.

But, if I'm logged in from the start, it charges full price.

I can only register 1 extension per account at the discounted rate. A bit sneaky of Crazy Domains as they still show the discounted price until you log in and try to pay. Even when logged in they show the discounted price when searching for domains, but goes to full price when checking out.

Is there a policy of 1 extension per account at discounted rates?
I have asked and got no reply, so until then I'll just make a new account for each domain I register.

log out, add the domains to basket, checkout, login when prompted

I've bought about 40 domains since i started the thread, all at £1 :)

log out, add the domains to basket, checkout, login when prompted

I've bought about 40 domains since i started the thread, all at £1 :)

Tried that but it doesn't work for me. Always reverts back to full price if I log in. This is for .co.uk and .org.uk never tried .com before.

I reg'd 25 co.uk for £1 without a hitch, until 2 days ago. A domain i reg'd they took the £1 but didn't properly reg it. I then reg'd the domain at godaddy but for some strange reason someone was able to reg the domain the next day even though i payed godaddy as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they had some sort of system in place where if they think you are a customer/business using there services they are more promt with reg's but if they get a sniff you are a domainor the service may be unsavory.

I noticed crazy were advertising on the billboards on the England vs Ukraine game tonight.

I reg'd 25 co.uk for £1 without a hitch, until 2 days ago. A domain i reg'd they took the £1 but didn't properly reg it. I then reg'd the domain at godaddy but for some strange reason someone was able to reg the domain the next day even though i payed godaddy as well. It wouldn't surprise me if they had some sort of system in place where if they think you are a customer/business using there services they are more promt with reg's but if they get a sniff you are a domainor the service may be unsavory.

I noticed crazy were advertising on the billboards on the England vs Ukraine game tonight.

Scott you're back got bored ?

Just tried to register a co.uk name and received an email back from Crazy Domains saying:-

The above domain name is pending approval from the registrar, this process can take up to 48 hours. You will be notified by email once approval is complete.

What a load of tosh! At least if there's going to be a delay they should hold their hands up and admit it's because of them. Guess I'm on a "suspicious" watch list or something (I've certainly had more than my fair share of £1 domains most of which are now at Daily)

Just noticed the £1 sale is over:(

Everything normal prices now (actually more than normal compared to other registrars)

Bye bye Crazy Domains!!

Just noticed the £1 sale is over:(

Everything normal prices now (actually more than normal compared to other registrars)

Bye bye Crazy Domains!!

Ahh Well :( It was fun while it lasted.

I see .org.uk are still at 50p though.

Must of been a good marketing plan, and I'm sure lots of people now know who they are, who didn't before.

I didn't reg any with CD, are all your £1 domains set to auto-renew by default in 2 years? :D

No :) Just had a quick check, and none of the ones I brought during the promotion are set to auto renew. I can't remember if it was a sign up option or not??

Nothing I bought was set to auto renew, and I couldn't find any catch at all. Must have just been a marketing drive to get people aware of them. Selling .co.uk's at 20% of cost price is a costly marketing drive but it obviously worked for them, as acorners are talking about them, probably the reason the offer ended. Domainers jumped on the offers which were more than likely meant to be for end users. Good while it lasted.

The good thing with nominet is a registrar cannot hold you to ransom with extortionate renewal costs. A few quid to nominet for a tag change solves that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom