Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

David Grantz, Web Domains & Hosting LLC, [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I registered on SEDO for the first time yesterday, and listed one domain on there.

Lo and behold, I suddenly got the following email today...

Hello,

We are interested in your domain name for sale.

Please email us your desired price in USD or euros for the domain name in the subject line.

If you have other names for sale please email us yiur full list with prices for consideration.

Looking forward to doing business with you.

Regards,

David Grantz

President

Web Domains & Hosting LLC

========================================================
NOTICE - This communication may contain confidential and privileged
information that is for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any
viewing, copying or distribution of, or reliance on this message by
unintended recipients is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message
and deleting it from your computer.
========================================================

I guess the distribution of the email is "strictly prohibited" because the emailer wants to keep his scam hush-hush... *sigh*

I replied saying "make me an offer" and then got the following response:

I'm thinking about 16,000 - 18,000 USD for your domain. What do you think about this price range?

Have you had your domain names evaluated in the past? I mean domain appraisals. Without valuation we cannot be sure in the sale price. It's very important for me in terms of reselling too. But we must engage a valuation company with REAL manual service. So I will only accept valuations from independent sources I and my partners trust.

To avoid mistakes I asked domain experts about reputable appraisal companies. Please check this blog with suggestions from other sellers and buyers:
http://www.thenamepros.com/Archive/51848269.htm

Do you sell domain with a web site or just the name?

Domain without content is ok with me. Web site is not necessary.

If, for example, the valuation comes higher you can adjust your asking price accordingly. It will be fair. I also hope you can give me 12% - 15% discount.

After you send me the valuation via email (usually it takes 1-2 days to obtain it) we'll continue our negotiations.

What is your preferred payment method: Escrow.com, International wire transfer, PayPal.com or something else?

Hope we can come to an agreement fast.

Looking forward to your reply.

There's no way the domain in question would be worth anything like that amount.

It would appear this is an old scam and I'm not sure many of you have seen it before. However, the name being used appears to be different to the other examples around the Web so hopefully me posting this will help anyone else searching for 'David Grantz' or 'Web Domains & Hosting LLC'.

This is one of hundreds of 'appraisal' scams. There are many posts about this nonsense on Acorn.

Im sick of so called friends going behind your back and cant do nada on there own.

You give them bread yet they want it with butter and marmite, suckers f**k them.

Darren.

Happened to us as well.

My hubby got offered £15,000 for Lenses.TV funny thing is he replied with an absolutely ridiculous counter to put them off something like £70,000 and they still wanted to go ahead.lol The domain is newly reg as well. It just puts domainers off selling privately which might lead to missed opportunities because I have sold a few domains to Legit companies who have emailed me but I guess "caution" can be defined as using Listing service, Escrow and never pay for appraisals even sedo appraisals pisses me off. You can check backlinks domain history bla bla yourself why pay. The appraisal algorithm is all over the Net and the seller should always have an Idea anyway. Should be worth your bottom price period.

Anyway be cautious. :)

Last edited:
yeah i got this same email (but from Bob Bertolini) days after parking a domain with Sedo.

Web Domains & Hosting LLC

Hi

Last week I got an offer from this 'company' for my domain as well!

Thanks to your information I did not respond to this e-mail ([email protected]). Thanks for sharing your info about this thread!

Gr

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom