Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Deleted Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Before anybody starts accusing me of censorship I have moved two threads into my moderating area in order to get rid of some of the potentially problematic comments. This may take some time as I do have a full time job but will try to get threads (what is left of them) back up tonight / tomorrow morning.

Please can I ask that people think carefully before they post / antagonise / inflame.

Thanks
Stephen.

Thanks, Stephen. While some may not approve of moderation, I think it helps to keep the discussions focused on the main issue, which remains direct.uk (and not the Nominet sideshow/car crash around it).

I've just received two threatening e-mails from Lucien Taylor saying that he and his wife feel threatened by my language and will refer the matter to the police if I persist. They're wrote in a very intimidating manner and are a blatant attempt to silence my criticism.

I've been a member of this forum since 2004 and it's a very sad day when people starting using intimidation to silence people.

I haven't seen anything at all in your posts which would suggest this Sean. This is not something I would have expected to hear, and frankly I would rather they both hopped it from this forum if they believe this is the best way to deal with open opinion.

Got to say I'm getting deeply concerned about the direction this place has been going in the last few months. The community spirit of a few years ago (yes there were gripes over prenom stuff etc) has been replaced by a lot of vitriolic backbiting, trolling and agenda waging.

I've conciously stepped back from posting on AD unless in totally neutral non domain threads. I'm pretty close to turning my account into retired_member_x.

S

Nominet must be laughing themselves silly at all these distractions.

Can't we all put our egos and the worst of our cynicism (towards Nominet and towards each other) on the shelf until 00:01 on September 24 when the direct.uk consultation has run its course?

After that, it can be pistols at dawn, gloves off, whatever... and no harm done!

I would rather they both hopped it from this forum if they believe this is the best way to deal with open opinion.

If the members want me to disengage from this forum I will do so. I have no intent to censor anything. Sorry for any upset caused.

**Section removed by poster**

Surely the usual forum approach is to request administrators to edit posts of offending remarks etc, and request sanctions where applicable?

Last edited:
Surely the usual forum approach is to request administrators to edit posts of offending remarks etc, and request sanctions where applicable?

Or just tell them to fuck off. Seriously, what is this place coming to. People getting thrown out of hotels, police threats, legal actions. It's an embarrassment to the .uk name space.

Apologies to all on the forum. I got riled by comments that Sean made, which went over my line. I went over the top. I had no intent to be threatening to Sean or undermine robust debate on this forum.

I did try to deal with this privately with Sean, and escalate through the moderator, and said that the threads should not be censored.

I do feel that the threads got out of hand, and I'm sorry if I've contributed to that. I try to avoid personal attacks, and I'm always ready to accept when I've got things wrong.

Apologies to all on the forum. I got riled by comments that Sean made, which went over my line. I went over the top. I had no intent to be threatening to Sean or undermine robust debate on this forum.

I did try to deal with this privately with Sean, and escalate through the moderator, and said that the threads should not be censored.

I do feel that the threads got out of hand, and I'm sorry if I've contributed to that. I try to avoid personal attacks, and I'm always ready to accept when I've got things wrong.

Sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom