Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Deleting domains

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by FC Domains, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member11

retired_member11 Retired Member

Poppycock.

2. Sue

Sue New Member

Good to see the standard of discussion on this board going from strength to strength. :p ;)

3. rob

rob Founding Member

4. retired_member11

Yes, I just came back from running in the park and the endorphins were popping. Now I've settled down a little bit I will elaborate on 'poppycock'.

FC has a good idea about a TH, when also the registrant, being allowed the technical freedom to change the registrant field. It just seems quite logical and isn't going to compromise any other party. It also means less trees chopped down to produce unnecessary transfer forms. :)

5. gordon United Kingdom

gordon Active Member

The proposal is not as simple as it first appears. Current transfer process requires two entities to agree to the transfer and the gaining entity to agree to contract conditions with Nominet. The proposal of that being done through the automaton would only have the losing entities confirmed agreement and no confirmation from the gaining entity.

6. Jac

Jac Active Member

That kind of pathetic remark is precisely the reason why this forum has lost the interaction of Michael Penman and Ed Philips; it amazes me that Jay still has the patience to post. It also amazes me that you and a few others like you demand answers but when you don't like them you hurl insults instead of just arguing the point. Rubbishing what I wrote doesn't make what I said any less factual and facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.

I'm with you on less trees being chopped down but environmentalism has absolutely zilch to do with Nominet's right to require registrants to use the current domain name transfer process.

Regards
    James Conaghan

7. retired_member11

I think 'hurling insults' isn't quite on the mark.

I know what the regulations are at present but FC's idea would move them on. You seem to cling to the status quo a little too much.

I'm trying to remember if I voted for you. I think I may have done. Gulp. Chill :)

8. Jac

Jac Active Member

I am not renowned for clinging on to any status quo; Nominet would disagree with you on that score because I'm pretty vocal in my opposition at times and will continue to be so if I perceive a wrongdoing on Nominet's part. I just don't happen to think there is much wrongdoing in any of the issues being discussed in this thread. You are entitled to disagree but if you want a civilised reply post a civilised objection. ;)

About voting...
    The beauty of OMOV is that all Nominet members get to express their opinions for or against a given PAB election candidate. All in all it works well in ensuring a good cross-section of Nominet Members get elected and as I keep saying, I don't have to agree with another person's viewpoint to present their case at PAB level. I don't know if that's chilling or not, but I do know it's what I do. :cool:

Regards
    James Conaghan

9. retired_member11

Well, I'm just not renowned.

Look, 'Poppycock' has a twin called 'Balderdash', and they both like to have a jolly good laugh now and again, both at themselves and at others who share their sense of humour. All three of us apologies grovellingly for discombobulating you so.

If insults were intended a more comtemporary lexis would have been chosen, but I'm not renowned for that either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.