Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

depression.org.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Have a forum member interested in this one, depression.org.uk :(

worth anything?

Maybe one of the depression charities/support bodies would like this domain name. I'd gift it to one of them if I owned it.

Aquanuke, not seen you on Acorn for a while, personally I think with the right marketing strategy this could go for mid £xxxx the domain goes nicely on the extension :)

Google anxiety or depression retreat, there's a lot of money in it.

Good domain on an extension which suits it too. How much have you been offered?

Aquanuke, not seen you on Acorn for a while, personally I think with the right marketing strategy this could go for mid £xxxx the domain goes nicely on the extension :)

Google anxiety or depression retreat, there's a lot of money in it.
You think it's worth approx £5k?

You think it's worth approx £5k?

Possibly a bit more but like I said with a bit of marketing to them wellbeing clinics or a psycholist clinic, normally a .org.uk is worth only a tiny percentage of the equivilant .co.uk however the extension in my eyes really suits the domain 8)

You have to be mad or suffering from depression to pay 5k …? The names ok the but implies charities (there about brand recognition…. ?) Could try what ever non prescription /medical thing is big in that field ( as you could not sell any prescription drugs limits your field )but think you would struggle to get anywere near that might get xxx to low xxxx if your lucky

HopeForDepression org $4,000 Jan 11
DepressionSymptoms org $949 Dec 10
Depressions org $656 Dec 10
DepressionMedications org $649 Jun 09
MentalDepression com $2,451 Jun 09
DepressionE com $3,501 Mar 09
TreatDepression com $3,000 Jan 09
GreatestDepression com $500 Dec 08
TeenageDepression net $1,000 Dec 08
TreatingDepression org $511 Jun 08
DepressionRelief com $4,788 May 08
HopeForDepression org $4,000 Feb 08
DepressionFacts com $1,325 Jan 07
DepressionTest com $14,805 Mar 06
AdolescentDepression com $1,938 Sep 05
BattlingDepression com $1,605 Jul 05

Last edited:
Respectable exacts and the extension works well with the name. As someone else stated though, it's somewhat limited in scope due to the prescription drug issue. Whatever herbal/supplement alternative is available might not result in much commission and could be a bit dubious because it probably wouldn't work all that well. The depression retreat idea above isn't a bad idea though. Maybe try approaching some of those companies with this domain. It could be just what they're looking for.

Low £xxx imo unless someone wants it badly

With the greatest respect, and I mean that, whenever I give an oppinion on a domain value the price is always to an end user who wants it badly.

When was the last time you bought a house or a car and the salesman said well this is the price if you want it badly and this is the price if your not really bothered.

Definitely £x,xxx range.

An example of what NZ did - depression.org.nz.

When was the last time you bought a house or a car and the salesman said well this is the price if you want it badly and this is the price if your not really bothered.

Of course they wouldn't sat that, but any salesman good at negotiation would certainly be thinking it!

If they know there has been no interest or offers from others when they want to sell something, you can bet there is going to be more flexibility to the person who genuinely comes across as not bothered.

Equally, they will push those who want it badly to the upper limits.

Of course they wouldn't sat that, but any salesman good at negotiation would certainly be thinking it!

If they know there has been no interest or offers from others when they want to sell something, you can bet there is going to be more flexibility to the person who genuinely comes across as not bothered.

Equally, they will push those who want it badly to the upper limits.

I do believe though, as you probably do, that a sales persons job is to find people who want the product, not prospects that are not bothered and would offer 10% of the user value. The art of selling is not just to pass on the product, it's to match product to best buyer.

£2k would be the gut guess for a reasonably quick sale (circulated) -one of those that has focused and field appeal . So hopefully you are in a position to hold out for more.

I would probably snap the hand at £3k definately £4K for this .org.uk

With the greatest respect, and I mean that, whenever I give an oppinion on a domain value the price is always to an end user who wants it badly.

I take your point but imo the question was whether it was worth anything? I think low £xxx. Not a great term for selling anything, the sponsored link spaces aren't max'd out on G and most of page 1 is occuppied by NFP sites. Does anyone here really have any idea of how successfully depression treatments or retreats are sold online?

If the question was 'what do you think I could get for this?' then I think £2-3k but from a buyer who really wants it and that person may never arrive. There will be someone every so often picking up a .org.uk for silly money but for every scratchcards.org.uk there are is a few thousand .org.uk domains in the shop window.

I read £5k+ estimates here and I think they are what feeds the outrageously priced trash.

Last edited:
Not a great term for selling anything

Counselling, psychotherapy, treatment, retreats etc. Would imagine that anyone searching for depression online is wanting help to solve it, and probably wouldn't be reluctant to pay for that help.

the sponsored link spaces aren't max'd out on G and most of page 1 is occuppied by NFP sites.

As suggested by another poster, words other than 'depression' can be targeted with the domain (e.g. 'depression treatment', which does have plenty of bidders for the term).

Edit: £5k is probably a bit unrealistic as a selling price, but I would say it's definitely worth four figures.

Last edited:
I would imagine most people with depression would get help on the NHS before they started splashing cash online..?

I would imagine most people with depression would get help on the NHS before they started splashing cash online..?

Having never suffered from depression, I can't be sure, but would assume that asking for help is a big decision for people to make.

Doing this online is an ideal platform for them to do so, as it provides slightly more anonymity and less formality than phoning a call centre or visiting a local GP. All my opinion of course.

Anyway, that's enough commenting from me in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom