Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

depression.org.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm ye fair point... I think in reality it would sit somewhere inbetween the 2, all comes down to the individual.

Not a bad name anyway

I would imagine most people with depression would get help on the NHS before they started splashing cash online..?

From personal experience, all the NHS do is feed you with cr*p drugs and as for counselling it's a long long.......... waiting list :mad:

Counselling, psychotherapy, treatment, retreats etc. Would imagine that anyone searching for depression online is wanting help to solve it, and probably wouldn't be reluctant to pay for that help.
I suffered from severe anxiety and can tell you now if I had decent money then I would happily pay 1k for a stay at a retreat without a doubt, even if just out of desperation to get the problem solved.

I suffered from severe anxiety and can tell you now if I had decent money then I would happily pay 1k for a stay at a retreat without a doubt, even if just out of desperation to get the problem solved.

Glad to hear that's in the past tense, however you got it solved. :)

Good to see this thread still going :D

All the NHS do is give out drugs with a long list of side effects, its not uncommon to see 50 listed. Something like citalopram is the most widely prescribed for depression and one of its main side effects is anxiety. Its a bit of a tit for tac situation. Plus many of these NHS happy pills are highly addictive. I would imagine many would seek out a less harmful / natural / herbal aid (if one existed, which of course does not)

I guess the most effective treatment might be CBT which is akin to those self help books etc. Mind control etc etc.

I have myself paid £40-£50 per hour for counselling. If you suffer from any illness mental or otherwise it will take you from your work. So paying out for treatment is a no brainer if it means your able to work.

I've got mentalhealth.me.uk which Would cover the range of mental illness however I would prefer to own (not have) depression.org.uk

I've been told not to eat sugar free type drinks/chewing gum/sweets that contain sweeteners as they are a contributor to triggering depression. Do it might be our diet that cause is in the first place

If it was for sale I would consider buying it but I would be looking at a max £500

Last edited:
I do think that the amount of discussion the name has resulted in, speaks towards the potential it has. There's been some good brainstorming here and looks to be a few interested parties. I think for someone with the time to develop a site and get it ranking well, the outlay could be well worth it. The kind of figure that mally has mentioned is very respectable I think.

I was the forum member who approached Chris for the name, and the deal was concluded today.

I am looking forward to turning it into a not-for-profit and useful website to try and help others and provide a useful resource, for a problem which affects millions in the UK, and this was the reason for contacting Chris in the first place (as he knows).

Not everything has to be about the money, and it is nice to put some money I have earned from this industry, into a domain and an extension I believe in. I also feel the .org.uk fits the name perfectly.

The very best of luck with the site, domainseller. You make a very good point. Sometimes we get caught up in simply putting a value on domains where, in this case, the impact goes far beyond financial considerations.

I was the forum member who approached Chris for the name, and the deal was concluded today.

I am looking forward to turning it into a not-for-profit and useful website to try and help others and provide a useful resource, for a problem which affects millions in the UK, and this was the reason for contacting Chris in the first place (as he knows).

Not everything has to be about the money, and it is nice to put some money I have earned from this industry, into a domain and an extension I believe in. I also feel the .org.uk fits the name perfectly.

Well done mate, good to hear it :cool:

I will check the domain in a few months time, could be of use to myself ;)

Nice to see the domain in good ownership - it's a powerful word. I really look forward to see how this looks in time. And hopefully it that will bring about some just-reward

Good stuff, can you share the price it sold for to see of I was about right or way off:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts