Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Different search engines; different visitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This isn't really to do with optimization - but it is to do with search engines. I figure this is the most relevant forum.

When considering search engine traffic - Have any of you noticed differences between search engines which make their user's more valuable?

Just as a example, do any of you find a increase page/visit and time by yahoo/bing users, aswell as bounce rates as much as 5x less with bing & 3x less with yahoo?

Here's a image:

whbjgm.png

Judging by the stark differences you can see here, do you think it could be worth targeting efforts towards other search engines (yahoo & bing are high performers and are practically the same search engine result to aim towards).

Bearing this in mind can anyone give me tips to specifically rank on bing + yahoo? or discuss the matter?

Thanks for any replies, Sam.

That is quite interesting.

I'm not really sure how to rank well on Yahoo / Bing, but all I know is that an EMD will help ALOT!

I've seen plenty of sites are ranking in the top 3 on Bing just because it's an EMD even though there's little or no backlinks.

Yeah, the site in question is a EMD & has about 5 links, none of which were paid for. It ranks top on yahoo, top on google, top on bing, so I think you could be right! (then, there is not much competition). Too bad it seems buying up a generic name doesn't seem to command enough profit back from my experience.

Thanks for the heads up

Interesting input, do the visitor from each search engine have a different Geo footprint? Is there a way to check?

We all strive to do well on Google but I see real value if you can get yourself to P1 on Bing with less effort then it has to be a good thing.

The visitor numbers you have though show Google still brings in the most.

Maybe we can share some stats from other sites on this to get a bigger picture.

Admin

I would think it's more to do with the keywords they are coming in from, rather than the search engine.

Have you looked into the keyword data?

Interesting input, do the visitor from each search engine have a different Geo footprint? Is there a way to check?

We all strive to do well on Google but I see real value if you can get yourself to P1 on Bing with less effort then it has to be a good thing.

Admin

Yeah it wouldn't be a bad idea for some of us to share similar images to the OP (thanks by the way).

I'm on my phone now but I'll try post a few images tomorrow to see how things match up :)

Admin

I've found a way.

2j3i7ex.png

You have to go Traffic Souces --> All traffic, click on the desired search engine to get to the page in the scrn shot. then click on "country" or whichever second value you want and it displays like the below:

pveio.png

14m59vs.png

2m6ok1i.png

I get slightly less uk visitors from bing/yahoo with this site - thats no surprise, google is less dominant in the US then the UK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom