Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Dan Commission Update

I did take a look at sedo again a few weeks back - probably will start listing a few although some members here were complaining about delays in payouts recently

I should hold fire Nigel. Sedo will be moving to Adyen for payment processing soon. When Ebay did that last year, it caused big problems for some sellers & even today, payments take much longer than they did in the Paypal days, causing some sellers and buyers to quit the platform.
Best wait for the changes & allow the dust to settle IMO. Besides, Sedo is owned by UI, who also own 1&1 - a company so bad they had to change it's name to escape years of bad rep. Customer service has been cut to the bone & Sedo is not the same company it was when privately owned.

For all GoBaddy's faults - and there are plenty - they do get the retail customer's eyeballs, without which many middle-of-the-road, less-than-premium domains would likely never sell.

Last edited:
My UK names do show up if fully typed into UK GD. But:
  • Prices are wrong (£ swapped for $) for BINs
  • .uk domains do not show up in keyword searches where both available - only .co.uk
  • .uk version does not show up EVEN if you search xyz.co.uk
  • hire a broker message on all other searches - but defaults to co.uk - so a keyword search on an available .uk returns nothing to say it is for sale
  • keyword searches for available .com etc domains only show hire broker message for the co.uk version !!
On the GD auction site:
  • BIN listings show up and DO return keyword searches on .uk
  • Make offer listings do not show up at all even if fully typed
  • .com domains are shown very low down in the best match list for exact keyword searches which is bonkers
On GD reseller sites nothing shows up for UK or COM domains just "not available"

Last edited:
Side note - thought I'd give a little tip for any dan.com users - I only found this out this week after being on it for 2 years (one of the support staff kindly, strongly recommend I do it)

If you go to settings - for sale page - and check the 'Redirect your buyers to your internal marketplace for sale pages' box - you then get the live chat support button showing on all your landers.

Could help get a few sales.over the line.

@fuzzer who is the live chat though? is it godan or does me?

If its godan then i would dread to think what they say about domains and pricing :)

When Ebay did that last year, it caused big problems for some sellers & even today, payments take much longer than they did in the Paypal days, causing some sellers and buyers to quit the platform.

Don't want to take this off-topic, but wasn't happy myself when eBay swapped from Paypal to Ayden, but it is far better than I thought it would be. Now regular payments direct to bank account within 24 hours of sale.
Side note - thought I'd give a little tip for any dan.com users - I only found this out this week after being on it for 2 years (one of the support staff kindly, strongly recommend I do it)

If you go to settings - for sale page - and check the 'Redirect your buyers to your internal marketplace for sale pages' box - you then get the live chat support button showing on all your landers.

Could help get a few sales.over the line.

It is a great idea having live chat on your sales page, but why doesn't it simply say "activate live chat on your sales pages, instead of "Redirect your buyers to your internal marketplace for sale pages" (which happens whether you activate live chat or not!).

Last edited:
As far as I am ware, the live chat is only for service related requests, such as how long will it take to receive the domain and how can I pay etc.. I don't believe they engage at all about the actual domain name or price.

That dan.com/frank.co.uk URL doesn't resolve to a for sale page for me, the page on Dan says:

Oops, this page doesn't exist
You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved to a new address.

Ah, that's why then, saying that, if I enter any of my domains parked on Dan after dan.com/ it gives the same message.

If DAN want to increase conversions they should get a phone number on their landers and remove the Trustpilot button, too many bad reviews of late from people who don't understand the transfer process. Now that the the Godaddy logo is displayed IMO a link to Trustpilot is not required.

If DAN want to increase conversions they should get a phone number on their landers and remove the Trustpilot button, too many bad reviews of late from people who don't understand the transfer process. Now that the the Godaddy logo is displayed IMO a link to Trustpilot is not required.

Phone number would be good, but as mentioned above chat is less for brokering the sale and more for answering technical queries (transfer process, etc). Phone support is an expensive way of doing the latter.

And, the wonders of TrustPilot! Here's one of Dan's one star reviews....

Christine Brignall
3 reviews

stars-1.svg

6 days ago
I payed for coffee table

I payed for coffee table
I haven't received my order 17th February 2023 I payed you said 7 to 15 days delivery
No delivery

Date of experience: February 17, 2023

Coffee table lol

Sadly it's no laughing matter as these reviews are probably costing sales. An end user came through our lander last month, we agreed a deal, was about to import the transaction to only pay 5 percent commission, however they read some of these Trustpilot reviews and didn't feel confident moving forward.

It seems the bad reviews stick around for days as Trustpilot seems to push the longer reviews higher, whereas the shorter positive reviews don't show as prominently

This seems to be because the tab at the top of the listed reviews shows "most relevant" rather than "most recent".

Last edited:
I myself like many here used Dan.com extensively, I was a big fan of their service and would recommend them to many, Bodis.com even partnered with them!, but after the commission hike from 9% to 25% on domains hosted elsewhere, I too looked for alternatives and considered both Sedo and Squad Help. In the end I settled on Squad Help as the commission was 7.5% rather than 15% Sedo charges if your domains are parked elsewhere. They support lease to buy, make an offer and BIN with a similar sales negotiation platform to Dan, but there is one drawback: currently Squad Help accepts USD payments only. They have also only just introduced the option to support VAT on purchases and that too can be a bit hit and miss.

Focusing on Bodis matters.

Whilst Bodis is first and foremost focused on revenue optimization for your domains, we have entered into a partnership with a major domain marketplace in the UK recently and announcements will be made soon.

Reading the comments on GBP missing in the supported currencies. Your voice is heard, and an internal ticket has been raised from the inclusion of GBP. @Pedigree the example provided http://ww01.buildingmaintenance.uk is the Yahoo partner we work with, but if you'd like to drop me an email with any concerns you have and Ill certainly try and put things right.

Each and every client and country is valued by us and if anyone would like to discuss any matter, please do feel free to reach out to me directly via PM or email. [email protected]

Last edited:
I myself like many here used Dan.com extensively, I was a big fan of their service and would recommend them to many, Bodis.com even partnered with them!, but after the commission hike from 9% to 25% on domains hosted elsewhere, I too looked for alternatives and considered both Sedo and Squad Help. In the end I settled on Squad Help as the commission was 7.5% rather than 15% Sedo charges if your domains are parked elsewhere. They support lease to buy, make an offer and BIN with a similar sales negotiation platform to Dan, but there is one drawback: currently Squad Help accepts USD payments only. They have also only just introduced the option to support VAT on purchases and that too can be a bit hit and miss.

Focusing on Bodis matters.

Whilst Bodis is first and foremost focused on revenue optimization for your domains, we have entered into a partnership with a major domain marketplace in the UK recently and announcements will be made soon.

Reading the comments on GBP missing in the supported currencies. Your voice is heard, and an internal ticket has been raised from the inclusion of GBP. @Pedigree the example provided http://ww01.buildingmaintenance.uk is the Yahoo partner we work with, but if you'd like to drop me an email with any concerns you have and Ill certainly try and put things right.

Each and every client and country is valued by us and if anyone would like to discuss any matter, please do feel free to reach out to me directly via PM or email. [email protected]

Which Bodis GBP / @Pedigree thread are you referring to James? I would like to read it thanks and look forward to your partnership announcement

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom