Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DomainLore Auction DiningFurniture.org.uk - No Reserve - Ends 3pm Fri 1 Jul - Strong Niche Potential!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am putting the diningfurniture.org.uk domain up for auction as follows:

DomainLore Auction - No Reserve! - Click to Visit! (Auction Now Live)
End Time: 3pm Fri 1st Jul 2011

dining-room-furniture-at-pinesolutions.jpg

I am looking to raise a bit of cash at the moment, that's why I'm putting a strong affiliate domain like this up for sale. Whilst I have not had time to heavily target the dining furniture sector myself, experience is telling me there should be good potential, and there are plenty of good affiliate programmes available to monetise the site with. Google AdWords shows a number of companies bidding on the "dining furniture" term, and the UK AdWords data is as follows:

adwords-dining-furniture.gif

So, 74,000 broad monthly searches shows this is a sector that has good potential, and average CPC at £1.96 is healthy.

I expect a determined affiliate prepared to focus on the sector could do quite nicely, and obviously the diningfurniture.org.uk domain should help with their efforts. Dining sets can go from around £200 to £2,000, so there is good potential for commissions. I would imagine that dining furniture is a product that can sell well over the internet. The affiliate programmes you can use to promote dining furniture include:

Oak Furniture Land
PineSolutions
John Lewis
Marks & Spencer
Debenhams

Sometimes it's hard for me to put good generic names like this up for sale when I could eventually develop them myself, but as .org.uk domains seem to be selling well at the moment, then a DomainLore auction has appeal.

For anyone that needs an explanation of the benefits of owning a generic domain, see:

Benefits of a Generic Domain

Feel free to put any questions in the thread and I will do my best to answer them.

Good luck to the bidders! :cool:

Nice Sales pitch lol

Not a bad domain, we own a couple of furniture domains we've not done much with which are a bit more targetted. Gets the odd sale here and there, but it is a considered purchase. When you do get a sale the commission is nice!

Goodluck with the sale. I will be watching it

Thanks, I do think this is a strong name, so it's worth a bit of sales pitch! I feel I've taken a bit of a risk putting it in auction with no reserve, and frankly I'll be gutted if it doesn't do well!! I've sent of a few e-mails to retailers telling them about the auction, but I expect it will be an affiliate who buys it. Whilst I haven't targetted the sector myself, if you can rank it, I reckon you should do quite nicely. E.g. sell a PineSolutions dining set for £800, that's 8% commission on Awin, so £64. I think seasoned affiliates will see the appeal.

Anyway, hoping for the first bid soon!!

Rgds

First bid of £50 is in, so this one is going to change hands ... keep your eye on this auction if you fancy a great domain to tackle this sector ... hoping for many more bids as it's currently a bit of a steal! Closes 3pm Fri 1st Jul 2011.

Thanks guys.

Just over a day left on this auction ... still at only £50 but I'm hoping the experienced bidders are biding their time!! Dining furniture should have potential for an affiliate site, and this domain could help you own the sector (if you know what you're doing with SEO of course!!)

Keep an eye on this one as it's currently going for a song ... still, 120 visits to the auction listing so far, so I'm hoping that we'll see a few more bids.

Visit Auction
Auction Closes: 3pm Fri 1 Jul 2011

Good to see some more bids on this one ... it's now at £70 ... that is still a very good price for this domain in my opinion. I'm expecting a lot more bids at 3pm when the auction closes ... I shall be watching, it should be interesting to see how far this one goes ... keep an eye on it yourself and watch the bidding at the end time for some fun! My best estimate is that a well developed dining furniture site that has excellent SEO for "dining furniture" and other longtail terms, could do £10-£12k in commissions per year.

Good luck to everybody interested in bidding!

Visit Auction
Auction Closes: 3pm Fri 1 Jul 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom