Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

discountvouchers.co.uk launches daily deals

Discussion in 'Affiliate Marketing' started by dougs, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member21

retired_member21 Retired Member

Doug - I have several flooring sites. Would it be possible to affiliate with you / search your deals for DIY or related product offers?

2. dougs United Kingdom

dougs Well-Known Member

affiliation

Nick

Doubt they are ready to do that yet...sorry

Doug

3. namestrands

namestrands Active Member

lol@ fluffy reports.

I have never understood that part of the industry, and even as an IT Director of many years I have never had to rely on a report that tells me something I already know.. but the board level Luddites do tend to like it even if they dont understand it.

Case and point, I was on a 2 year contract for a manufacturing company, prior to my arrival, they just spent £45k on a consultancy that resulted in the installation of a £350k software system that ultimately failed and was abandoned.

I looked at the plan on my first day and said "nope that wont work".

Suffice to say they now have a system that does work at a fraction of the cost.

I dont want to disrespect anyones profession or the standardisation industry that relies on Prince 2 and the likes of such, in the end what it all comes down to is knowing the industry and following your gut. Just because it looks good on excel or powerpoint does not make it so.

4. Rob_F United Kingdom

Rob_F Well-Known Member

That's a long way to come in two years. Congratulations. For comparison, I'm nearly at the stage of adding my forth bit of content to a site I've been 'working' on for the last two years :p.

Reading your post and seeing the site is inspiring me to pull my finger out and get working on things again.

- Rob

5. dougs United Kingdom

dougs Well-Known Member

smile Rob

:):)

I get bored easily

Doug

6. mrh United Kingdom

mrh Active Member

I did wonder why you hadn't started this a while back. Hope your still paying the team with bottles of booze. Well done.

7. dougs United Kingdom

dougs Well-Known Member

8. Ashton Canada

Ashton Well-Known Member

Looking around, that's an very very good price - and you got paid commission on top of that? Well done :)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2011
  9. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

Great success story Doug. Fabulous. Sold 300 units off the page and didn't have to email your database. Kudos!

10. bensd United Kingdom

bensd Well-Known Member

11. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

Yes, I saw that as well and wondered. Also wondered why there needs to be that link to the supplier's email anyway...

12. jonno United Kingdom

jonno Active Member

How do you get the deals? We set up a daily deals system for a client and their problem was getting enough deals at the right discount. A lot of merchants were put off by Groupon and their shocking levels of customer service/daylight robbery prices.

13. dougs United Kingdom

dougs Well-Known Member

Deals

Many players we are partnering with don't get online...hence they have no sites....I clocked it and was gobsmacked, but many business's just dont....stil.

Getting deals, involves having people chasing them

Doug

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.