Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DL Sale: pascal.co.uk (765 GBP)

Discussion in 'Sold Domains' started by Acorn Newsbot, May 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Retired_Member39

Retired_Member39 Retired Member

Blimey Invincible was quick off the draw with that re-quote :D

Yes i do retract the wording and specifics, but i don't see a problem in discussing domain sales and asking questions. There is a thread in the general section with 4k views which i think shows I'm not the only one curious over some of the bidding on DL. Being curious over bidding / sales does not mean folk are jealous, not everyone is motivated by money.

I noticed #thanetrigged was trending yesterday on twitter, Ian you bought any rubbers recently?. :p

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

IWA Meetup

3. ian

ian Well-Known Member

But there's the problem, you didn't ask any questions, you just made an personal accusation with absolutely zero foundation to base it on, just because you haven't understood the values some domains sold for. To be fair, most of my 'stand out domains' recently have sold for more than I expected, but that is why I put them on DL, to take a chance. What I do do however is put the effort in to find potential buyers, which is why for example royaloak did so well. It isn't a money issue with me, anyone on here I've spoken to will vouch for just how much I enjoy domaining but don't take it too seriously; just a bit of fun! Effectively labelling me a cheat is poor form.

• Like Like x 2
  4. bluerock United Kingdom

bluerock Well-Known Member

+ 1 to you Ian

5. Retired_Member39

I'm not bothered really, so what i have a beer and post silly stuff on the internet a few times a week, is that really such a crime?. I'm not the only one asking questions, a source tells me LordLucky lives nearby to you, i said this was just complete coincidence. I'm not the only one asking questions.

6. ian

ian Well-Known Member

LordLucky just so happens to live "nearby", and by that I mean in the North West...in that case, quite a few more on here must be implicated too just from simply living in Cheshire/Manchester!!! Anyway, LordLucky has only purchased one domain from me, and countless from others, that would be the worst attempt at shill bidding ever!!! Anyway, for all you doubters, spend more time putting the effort in and less pointing the finger, it only makes you look foolish!

I would like to thank you though, nothing greater than accusations to know you've made a wave in this industry; I'll take it as a compliment. I've made it to the elite circle!

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  7. Retired_Member39

As i say i retract the accusation comments and i also 'stated' that often having buyers and sellers in similar GEO's happens often.

Heck i have a confession to make, one of my first sales on DL £50, turned out to be a guy who i hadn't seen in 9 years who was in my class at college. The same guy who let dropped.co.uk drop :p, i guess he must be doing ok to let that slip.

8. ian

ian Well-Known Member

He worries, glad that is sorted, I'm no cheat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.