Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DL Sale: pascal.co.uk (765 GBP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey Invincible was quick off the draw with that re-quote :D

Yes i do retract the wording and specifics, but i don't see a problem in discussing domain sales and asking questions. There is a thread in the general section with 4k views which i think shows I'm not the only one curious over some of the bidding on DL. Being curious over bidding / sales does not mean folk are jealous, not everyone is motivated by money.

I noticed #thanetrigged was trending yesterday on twitter, Ian you bought any rubbers recently?. :p

Yes i do retract the wording and specifics, but i don't see a problem in discussing domain sales and asking questions. There is a thread in the general section with 4k views which i think shows I'm not the only one curious over some of the bidding on DL. Being curious over bidding / sales does not mean folk are jealous, not everyone is motivated by money.

But there's the problem, you didn't ask any questions, you just made an personal accusation with absolutely zero foundation to base it on, just because you haven't understood the values some domains sold for. To be fair, most of my 'stand out domains' recently have sold for more than I expected, but that is why I put them on DL, to take a chance. What I do do however is put the effort in to find potential buyers, which is why for example royaloak did so well. It isn't a money issue with me, anyone on here I've spoken to will vouch for just how much I enjoy domaining but don't take it too seriously; just a bit of fun! Effectively labelling me a cheat is poor form.

Oh dear, I shouldn't rise to such jealousy, but I will, because you couldn't be more wrong, and I'm sure if necessary, Denys would confirm looking at the data.

Firstly, just because I've had a good run, and made a success of domaining, rather than pocket change, I'm deemed a cheat? It's called putting the effort in, looking at domaining from a different angle and making opportunities, rather than waiting for them to magically appear! Can't say I'm surprised, not the first to get all moody with me because I've caught and sold a few domains recently (what is the matter with some of you?).

Let's breakdown the bidding on pascal shall we, seeing as you've accused me on this thread. I won't mention the bidders by name because they have clearly bid using defaults, but the winning bid, buyer1 (might as well say Lee because the whois confirms this anyway), bidded from £60. Buyer2, who has a cl level of 84 and very well known on here bid from £210. Buyer3, who bid from £250 has what I believe to be the highest rank on DL at a cl of 250. So to shill bid, I'd need to have influenced domainers that have been in this industry for 10-15 years...don't talk daft!

Should I go on, or was it just a drunken rant that you'll now retract in the cool light of day?

PS - thanks invincible for quoting him in case he edits; I was sent his quote by someone else too.

+ 1 to you Ian

I'm not bothered really, so what i have a beer and post silly stuff on the internet a few times a week, is that really such a crime?. I'm not the only one asking questions, a source tells me LordLucky lives nearby to you, i said this was just complete coincidence. I'm not the only one asking questions.

I'm not bothered really, so what i have a beer and post silly stuff on the internet a few times a week, is that really such a crime?. I'm not the only one asking questions, a source tells me LordLucky lives nearby to you, i said this was just complete coincidence. I'm not the only one asking questions.

LordLucky just so happens to live "nearby", and by that I mean in the North West...in that case, quite a few more on here must be implicated too just from simply living in Cheshire/Manchester!!! Anyway, LordLucky has only purchased one domain from me, and countless from others, that would be the worst attempt at shill bidding ever!!! Anyway, for all you doubters, spend more time putting the effort in and less pointing the finger, it only makes you look foolish!

I would like to thank you though, nothing greater than accusations to know you've made a wave in this industry; I'll take it as a compliment. I've made it to the elite circle!

Last edited:
As i say i retract the accusation comments and i also 'stated' that often having buyers and sellers in similar GEO's happens often.

Heck i have a confession to make, one of my first sales on DL £50, turned out to be a guy who i hadn't seen in 9 years who was in my class at college. The same guy who let dropped.co.uk drop :p, i guess he must be doing ok to let that slip.

As i say i retract the accusation comments and i also 'stated' that often having buyers and sellers in similar GEO's happens often.

He worries, glad that is sorted, I'm no cheat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom