Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

dmoz listings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i think so. Though you don't get much traffic from it, you will get good page rank. which in turn will help your website to be in first few pages of google.

Yes i think so. Though you don't get much traffic from it, you will get good page rank. which in turn will help your website to be in first few pages of google.
Not strictly true.
In all fairness and if you ask anyone involved in SEO, having your site listed on DMOZ doesn't mean you are likely to get good page rank. Nor does it bear much relevance on SERPs.

I have seen websites with PR 1 being in the top 4 links of Google first page for certain keywords. Good PR and SERPs has a massive bearing on content and links and where these are placed. DMOZ I would say is still valid but nowhere near as much as it used to be. Eventually it will be phased out from having any bearing on Google PR or SERPs.

3 years before getting your website in DMOZ using a proper anchor text would get you to the first page for fairly competitve terms .. these days it is not the same but DMOZ still improtnat factor from SEO stand point

yeah it took me about 3 years to get my biz site (web design ireland) listed on dmoz.. I had given up checking and a m8 of mine noticed, and told me I was listed. I have not seen any SEO /traffic benefits fwiw, but I guess it's better to be listed than not, since it's free :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom