Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

dnoffer.co.uk

Never received an email about this, despite "applying" a few months ago. Will take a look at the list. The "no end date" is a bit off putting though!

Never received an email about this, despite "applying" a few months ago. Will take a look at the list. The "no end date" is a bit off putting though!

So, it's basically just a Sedo-type offer list?

I don't understand people sitting on valuable domains like "vouchers" for such long periods without trying to establish a business on them.

I appreciate the owner possibly has other businesses and doesn't need the money/hassle. But in my opinion, a significant lost opportunity...

I dare say they have better things to do in Monaco :D But agreed, some stunning domains that have now gone to waste for too long, missing the best of opportunities!

So they will keep the auction open and running until they decide that they will accept an offer. This will probably end up running for years and not result in any sales. Why don't they just advertise the prices they are looking for? This is only going to annoy and frustrate potential buyers, and put them off.

So they will keep the auction open and running until they decide that they will accept an offer. This will probably end up running for years and not result in any sales. Why don't they just advertise the prices they are looking for? This is only going to annoy and frustrate potential buyers, and put them off.

Agreed, it's hardly an auction, it's not really any different to having a "make an offer" holding page.

Agreed, even if they put an end date and state the highest offer at that point will be considered they should get a better response than just leaving it open indefinitely.

There are a few domains I am interested in, but as I see it, there is no point in me putting in an offer and keep wasting my time looking at the page to see current bids. In my opinion they have totally ruined the sale of their domains and many people who would have been interested, will now not be.

Agreed, going by the time it has taken so far.

Not what i would call an auction, just an offers page really.

Agreed, going by the time it has taken so far.

Not what i would call an auction, just an offers page really.

Yes, say you wanted to buy deals.co.uk and had a maximum of £200k to spend on it, but wanted to get it as cheap as you could. So you offer slightly more than the current offer. You could then be hanging around for months waiting for the next bid and obviously get very frustrated. You would just end up taking your £200k and spending it elsewhere.

It also says "offers can be left open, increased, decreased or cancelled as required."

That just makes any "auction" a complete farce.

I can't believe people would be stupid enough to bid on anything here with this format.

I can't believe people would be stupid enough to bid on anything here with this format.

My point exactly, it's only going to attract low offers, and no serious buyers will bother, complete farce.

..it's probably the same twats who get some sort of knee trembling thrill, week in week out, bidding low ball on DL auctions, but have no intention of actually winning one - there's about half a dozen regulars who do this.

(I wonder if there is a technical name for this type of bidding behavior.)

My point exactly, it's only going to attract low offers, and no serious buyers will bother, complete farce.

..it's probably the same twats who get some sort of knee trembling thrill, week in week out, bidding low ball on DL auctions, but have no intention of actually winning one - there's about half a dozen regulars who do this.

Ever figured this might be like with so many auction sites, that you then get notified when outbid and before the auction ends so they can re-bid! Some use it as a handy prompt.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom