Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DNS Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
LEEnoble said:
Anyone know any good DNS Hosting services that will fully comply with all the checks when I run my domain on dnsreport.com?

Alot of the checks are not very important. Lots of folks like Cpanel but that will give a number of warnings. Its only the red warnings that should really be taken care of.

Ie you will get a warning if your NS record uses a differnet TLD to your domain ie mydomain.co.uk uses ns1.somedomain.com. You will get a marginally faster lookup using ns1.somedomain.co.uk instead. And others will prefer to keep refresh rates higher etc.. nothing wrong with that, but will give another warning.

I doubt you'd find a server farm that complies with everything, if you really do want to then best thing would be get a dedicated box and run your own DNS.

But I still dont think Cpanel will comply even when you have root access to change things.

If you look at LEEnoble.me.uk you've got ...

WARN

"WARNING. The parent servers (I checked with ns5.nic.uk.) are not providing glue for all your nameservers. This means that they are supplying the NS records (host.example.com), but not supplying the A records (192.0.2.53), which can cause slightly slower connections, and may cause incompatibilities with some non-RFC-compliant programs. This is perfectly acceptable behavior per the RFCs. This will usually occur if your DNS servers are not in the same TLD as your domain (for example, a DNS server of "ns1.example.org" for the domain "example.com"). In this case, you can speed up the connections slightly by having NS records that are in the same TLD as your domain."

Like I said above thats because you should use something like..

ns.hosteurope.me.uk
ns2.hosteurope.me.uk

In order to comply with that one.

But its not worth the hassle changing it :D

Yer apart from the nameservers being on the same TLD. I mean things like SOA, including SOA Serial Number, Stealth NS record and TCP connection lookups etc.

As I've tested different services and they all seem to have one or the other wrong. :(

Things like Cpanel use higher refresh rates TBH higher is just fine.. significantly lower would cause a problem.

Why's it say you have no email servers setup? You said on another thread you get your emails to this domain no problem.

The other warning you have is.. Nameservers on separate class C's

Which just means both ns.hosteurope.com. ns2.hosteurope.com are located at the same datacentre. That should not be a major problem as someone like hosteurope will have a 99.9% uptime rate anyhow.

Of course apple.me.uk is FUBAR so just change it to hosteurope :p

haha.. your email was down when I checked or maybe dnsreport just had a glitch.

Just checked again and its now working ok can see all 6 ;)

aquanuke said:
haha.. your email was down when I checked or maybe dnsreport just had a glitch.

Just checked again and its now working ok can see all 6 ;)

dnsreport must of had a glitch, impossible for all 6 to be down at once. (well I like to think that way :rolleyes: )

ZoneEdit.com are pretty good, and seem VERY reliable. I've been using them for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom