Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Do any of you actually mak a living from domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Do any of you actually mak a living from domains? I mean no other income at all?

Recently, mostly yes, it depends how the other half of the business does. Never have only one pot to pi55 in.

I must learn a bit about this, seems like there are quite a few people making money off domains.

I dont know how you do it though, good domains are so hard to come by. How do you tell a good domain from a worthless domain before you but it?

Well I've decided to read as much as i can on this forum and give it a crack...

I got this domain business.com any good? :)

some domains

i have a few stored at www.bmwuk.co.uk that are at sedo, could use webpages and google adverts,but struggling after bone grafts to spine to sort out pages...z

I thought I'd expand on this thread too, as, like many others, there's so much that can be gleamed off the 'pros' on this forum.

I have a relatively small portfolio - 160 domains.

The vast majority are parked, but as I reg'd them all myself, actual type in traffic is low.

I have a few domains running CMS scripts with automated article update. Thes have both affiliate and adsense links. Ive started SEO activities and traffic is picking up, but actual adsense CTR is down at about 3%.

I'm sure there's more I could be doing.... I'm sure all us novices would appreciate the advice. Traffic is the issue obviously. But how.....?

I'm sure some people on here do make a living off domains. I've always seen it more as a hobby really. Having said that where else could you invest roughly £3.00 (1 year reg on a.co.uk) and easily get double your money back in PPC rev. No bank would give you that return. It's just as you scale up I guess it becomes more difficult to reg that many names that have traffic to cover the reg fee and make a return.

I have small portfolio that ticks (clicks) over nicely with a small profit each year that normally pays for a holiday once reg fees are deducted. I have recently spent good money on a very generic top .co.uk domain as I feel it will benefit my other business interest and as an asset is unlikely to decline.

So, in answer to the thread starter question - no, but I believe it's possible and a good domain is certainly complimentary to any business - online or otherwise.

Conflict of interest?

As per the other guy who works for an ISP I am sure Jay means he works for Nominet therefore makes a living via domain names.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom