Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Does host affects traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Has anyone seen an improvement in traffic after changing host?

Took out a reseller hosting package from a company in the states. All been good up to the middle of last year, since then traffic has plummeted across all domains on the account. I keep thinking its content and been doing my best to keep it fresh but this does not seem to help.

I am tempted to go with a bigger provider, but I am reluctant to spend more and not get better ranking.

If its a sudden drop could be you was hit by one of the black and white animals from google Panda and/or Penguin, check the update release dates and see if they fit.

You can always check in Webmaster Tools if you are penalised and you can get a country of origin too, I think google assumes .co.uk are UK anyway, but maybe they have have been mixed up and targetting USA since its a US host, in which case a yank would see the .co.uk and ignore it ?

The only thing I found increased with host, was conversions when moving from an "unlimited" host which was slower than a comatose turtle to a blistering fast host.

I've had a dedicated server with Rackspace in Texas since 2002 and i have never had a ranking problem.

It might have something to do with other sites hosted on the same server under the same ip address? If there are some real spammy or blacklisted it can't do you any favours.

Get your ip address, then head off to bing
In the search bar type...
ip:your-ip-number

it will bring up a list of all sites on the same ip address.

Has anyone seen an improvement in traffic after changing host?

Took out a reseller hosting package from a company in the states. All been good up to the middle of last year, since then traffic has plummeted across all domains on the account. I keep thinking its content and been doing my best to keep it fresh but this does not seem to help.

I am tempted to go with a bigger provider, but I am reluctant to spend more and not get better ranking.

How fast is your site loading?

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts