Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Does more effort = more income?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
In your experience does increasing the size of a single subject mini-site increase the income or once you've got the main keyword traffic does it reach a plateau from where it is hard to advance?

I'd be interested to hear experience or opinions

In my experience it depends on what the 'single subject' is.

If the single subject is 'laptops' then there are loads of angles/keywords to go for and adding more content should be able to bring you more traffic/money.

If, however, the single subject is 'blue ice cube trays for under £3.79' then you may have a problem.

This is my dislike of very specific keyword domains, once you are #1 for a very specific phrase it can be very difficult to expand it into any other areas and although the effort hasn't been wasted, in a lot of cases that I see, it doesn't seem to have been used to it's maximum potential.

I try to keep thinks related to the domain, but basic cross or up-selling always = more sales. Just keep it logically and related.

If the site targets a product then the amount of sales also has to be taken into account too.

I have two 1 page sites, each have made £30 this year with Amazon

Site 1 sells £10 items earning around 50-60p commission

Site 2 sells £100-£125 items earning around £6-7 commission

Site 1 sell more items than site 2 so the income is the same.

So if you're selling something, like a household item that you think will be popular, then the lower commission rates will be offset by the more sales.

Or you could go for a higher sale item, which you could sell less of, but still make the same amount of commission.

Mini Sites are exactly that. I add Adsense to mine, perhaps some Amazon links and that is it. I updated them yearly, less if I cant be arsed.

£1 a day is my target, im happy with that, so I mess around with them until they make that figure and then I go to the pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom