Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain name rental instead of sales.

Reaction score
I prefer to rent out domain instead of selling them because I view domain as collectibles rather than commodities. AI and Web3 are developing much faster than I imagined, and the value of high-quality domain is bound to skyrocket, becoming true “Virtual Real Estate”.

With the rise of artificial intelligence, blockchain wallets, Web 3.0, and the Internet of Things, domain names will become one of the most valuable virtual assets. They possess global uniqueness and serve as the trusted gateway for potential customers, representing your online brand, customer service contact, or even company payment or donation address.

I hope everyone will advocate for the concept of domain name rental instead of one-time sales.

no one rents out co.uk .uk domain names no one wants to rent out domains very rare unless you owning a decent .com so no don't agree.

I think any business would be concerned renting that they might lose it in the future. Is there also a risk to you that once it’s been rented by someone they might discredit the name and value?

> I hope everyone will advocate for the concept of domain name rental instead of one-time sales.

Who do you rent them out through?

> I hope everyone will advocate for the concept of domain name rental instead of one-time sales.

Who do you rent them out through?
I have been doing this a long long time NO one wants to rent a co.uk/.uk It would be nice but they want to own at some point so the best sales are lease to buy at the moment. I would never rent a domain

Renting a domain is not a good idea in my opinion, What if the renter uses the domain for spamming, it may degrade the Spam Score, DA and PA of your domain, search engines might consider it as spam, the domain might loose it's value.

Reactions: Sam
I prefer to rent out domain instead of selling them because I view domain as collectibles rather than commodities. AI and Web3 are developing much faster than I imagined, and the value of high-quality domain is bound to skyrocket, becoming true “Virtual Real Estate”.

With the rise of artificial intelligence, blockchain wallets, Web 3.0, and the Internet of Things, domain names will become one of the most valuable virtual assets. They possess global uniqueness and serve as the trusted gateway for potential customers, representing your online brand, customer service contact, or even company payment or donation address.

I hope everyone will advocate for the concept of domain name rental instead of one-time sales.
I agree, I think rental will be the future. Are there any sites that advertise domains for hire rather than for sale.

Renting is what transformed into a booming leasing option after many issues faced by both buyer and the sellers.

Leasing is thriving and it's a win for everyone!

At last, Isn't it, the goal is to find a good home (i.e startup, business, project) for every good domain and put it to good use?

I've rented domains from owners previously with a purchase option attached.
I personally think it does work, as if you have domains doing nothing that haven't sold and sat on Dan etc for ages at least its generating the owner some revenue.

If the rental comes with a reduced purchase option at the end of the term, the domain would more than likely get purchased at the end of it.

Just my thoughts

Given the state of the domain name market, renting often seems like an attempt to monetise domain names that haven't sold and may have no hope of selling for a few years. The .COM has been largely stalled around 156M active registrations for the last few years. Verisign has blamed the downturn on Chinese registrations but there's something going on at a larger level. It might be that the latest price increase last September has put a lot of people off renewing marginal or unused registrations. The weird thing is that .ORG is outperforming .COM in terms of renewals. It is a far more solid gTLD and has characteristics of a ccTLD.

Some of the ccTLDs, inluding .UK ccTLD are also seeing a bit of a downturn. Some of that may be down to the .uk registrations washing out of the zone.

Renting is a high risk option amd it would be best to have a solid contract detailing the use of the domain name. Direct nameserver control should not be given to the person renting it.

Regards...jmcc

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom