Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain names stopped resolving -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi all, anyone had a domain name thats stop resolving.

I asked my host, ukreg,com and got the following reply

"Thanks for contacting us with your support enquiry.
May we know what changes you have done with the domain, please? Have looked into our system and everything is set fine. Only that I noticed your domain status is under client hold. This means your domain registrar suspended the domain. With this, I suggest to please email [email protected] to find out why as its you that would have suspended the domain name.
"

I've sent an email to [email protected] as there's no numbers, very fed up at the minute, haven't got a clue whats going on

A domain name with the status of "CLIENT HOLD" or "REGISTRAR-HOLD" normally means it has expired.

I'm gutted it's still not working, the domain name is closeprotectionworld.com

It's with ukreg/fasthosts which are useless, very polite on the phone but no help at all

It looks like it was put on hold today and removed from the .com zone file which is why it isn't working.

You need to contact your registrar (Fasthosts/UKREG) and ask them to contact the registry they use (OpenSRS/Tucows) to find out why it has been updated with a status of clientHold.

Did you renew it recently? If so, it's possible that whilst you have renewed it and it does show a valid expiration date, the renewal hasn't actually happened correctly at the registry.

That's it, you need to talk to the upstream registrar.
Seems that ukreg are just resellers.

Ring +800-371-69922, say that the registration service provider (Fasthosts) are being totally unhelpful and you need to find out what the issue is immediately as you're losing money by the minute as your business Web site is offline. Tell them that it's tagged clientHold but you can't find out why.

Ring +800-371-69922, say that the registration service provider (Fasthosts) are being totally unhelpful and you need to find out what the issue is immediately as you're losing money by the minute as your business Web site is offline. Tell them that it's tagged clientHold but you can't find out why.

Cheers, rang them and managed to get a new email from them, totally different to the one fasthosts gave me. fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom