Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain selling/transfer

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by youyou, May 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. youyou

youyou Member

hi
    after reading quite a bit of domain docs i am still confused a bit.
    i read i think somewhere after you sell a domain ,there is a transfer fee aswell to be paid but i saw few domain selling around 10-20£/$ ,so my question is :
    -is the seller who will paid the transfer fee or the buyer ? because if the seller have to paid transfer fee for what he sell 10£/$ i really dont see what he gain
    -is it correct to said every domain listed for sale have a hidden fee then not just the advertise sale price ?
    -also is it possible to sell domain straight away after purchase if you get offer ? or is there any rules like you have to own the domain for certain amount of time before selling ?

Sorry my ignorance though ,am a newbie ,just want to know more about transferring,buying from hand reg .

thx in advance

Last edited: May 4, 2008
  2. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

You are right, for .co.uk domains Nominet charges an Admin fee (currently £10+VAT) to process the transfer form to effect a legal change of registrant.

http://www.nominet.org.uk/registrants/maintain/transfer/

Really, it is up to the seller to make it clear whether he will cover the Nominet Transfer fee with his sale price. Normally they don't include it but with best practice they would specify this.

As above, a transfer fee is levied on legal ownership change and it depends on the sale contract whether the seller or buyer pays this.

With .co.uk it is yes. With other domain extensions there can be a period where the registrant can't be changed.

Everyone has to start somewhere, good luck.

Rgds

3. youyou

youyou Member

Thx for your reply

hi
    thx a lot for your reply Accelerator .
    now i understand much more .
    thx

4. Domainosaur

Domainosaur Member

Accelerator,

do you know off the top of your head the waiting periods for the main TLDs and ccTLDs..uk, eu, de?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.