Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain transfer issue

Discussion in 'Domain Name Disputes' started by stender, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

Thanks Ed. I looked at the nominet page. It says "If a resolution cannot be achieved through mediation, the Complainant can refer the case for a decision by an independent expert on payment of a fee of £750 (plus VAT)."

I can tell now that nominet won't get a response so what's the point?

2. EdPhillips

EdPhillips Active Member

Well, if you're asking why Nominet doesn't just give you the name in a no-response case, see the FAQ:
    http://www.nominet.org.uk/DisputeResolution/DrsHelp/Faq/DisputeResolutionFaq.html#complainant

If you're asking what's the point of the DRS, the answer is that since you can win no-response cases, this may get the domain(s) back for your niece - the £750 may be worth it to her if it is an integral part of her business, which you seem to be saying it is.

But yes, there will be no mediation in this case, it would appear.

Also, don't forget that the alternative is (presumably) court - which may not be faster or cheaper.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  3. PaulClarke

PaulClarke New Member

I was with hostlogical, until Dec my site went down. UKWEBHOSTING took over the site. They don’t respond to mails/ phone calls/ faxes. I found out that hostlogical have registered my domain in their name. They have frozen my out of my site. Now I have to wait 90 days. I’ve contacted Nominet who are investigating. I am also consulting legal advice for loss of earning due to their neglegence. Hostlogical and ukwebhosting are the same company.

My site has been down 3 weeks now.

I have go to say that I am amazed companies can get away with this.

I don't live far from Brighton and I know where Matthew Prust (Director of hostlogical) lives. I am tempted to go round his house and force him to sign the REG transfer document.

Thanks for the other posts - they have been really helpfull. It makes you wonder how many other people "hostlogical" and "ukwebhosts" can get away with ripping off.

Paul

4. tifosi United Kingdom

tifosi Well-Known Member

squareinternet... I remember them well. tossers!! :)

5. stender United Kingdom

stender Well-Known Member

Paul, I was on the verge of a visit to brighton as I don't let people take liberties. I had posted my opinion of hostlogical on numerous sites where people had posted similar stories of dealing with that T****r prust. I also posted how hostlogical bought out adurmedia and how ukwebhosting bought hostlogical and how all 3 domains were registered to Matthew Prust (obviously a bright bloke!). Also found a post from someone who'd been asked to design a new site for hostlogical, done so then never heard back from them!. Then a Tony Ellis of Openinternetservices replied to my post saying he bought hostlogical and ukwebhosting from matthew prust and offered to sort out any issues. He has now released my .com and says he has sent the appropriate docs to nominet to transfer the .co domain into my name from hostlogicals. I must admit prior to that I had emailed and phoned ukwebhosting numerous times without reply, so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it wasn't finally acted on because of all my postings. I'll also give him the benefit of the doubt that he's not that T****r Prust.

It's amazing what you can find on the web though. I had addresses for hostlogical, adurmedia, prust, shoreweb, shoreham airshow all pointing to him also found his wife's name (hi Paula) and when he moved into his house and what he paid for it. Scary really. So give him mr ellis an email and hopefully he'll sort it via ukwebhosting site. I did advise that he changes the whois from matthew prust as i doubt he'll get much business linked to him!

good luck.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2005
  6. prcwood

prcwood New Member

How I sorted my transfer issues with hostlogical & ukwebhosting

took 3 days of hard work, but here's how to scare them into responding to your queries...

FYI, Here's how I sorted my HostLogical problems out, and here's their response...

Sent: 19 September 2006 19:50
    To: Pat Wood
    Subject: Re: URGENT COMPLAINT

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your email.

Ok, I have raised the necessary transfer form and will fax that first thing tomorrow (Wednesday) along with Payment details etc and the confirmation letter. As soon as that is done I will also give Nominet a call to ensure that it has been received etc.

In terms of your other comments, I can't really say too much as we are currently pursuing a number of different legal channels against Mr Prust for various items that have gone into disarray.

Please accept my aplogises for the trouble that you have gone through and hopefully we are now taking the steps to get this issue resolved for you ASAP.

Regards
    Emma
    UKWEB
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: Tuesday, September 19, 2006 12:05 PM
    Subject: RE: URGENT COMPLAINT

Thank you for the response.

All we want is the domain that I registered with the famous Matthew Prust (when he operated under the name HostLogical) – xxxxxxxxxx.co.uk to be registered in our name (xxxxxxxxxxx Limited) and not HostLogical. This requires the REGISTRANT NAME to be changed.

This is the first time I’ve had a response from any business related to Mr Prust so I should count myself lucky. Last time we had to find his mobile number by trawling the many, many forums written about this guy.

I would appreciate that you resolve this issue within the next 24hrs. I would also appreciate an apology from Matthew Prust who has caused my company no end of hassle through the cleanup of the legacy of the appalling customer service he has provided in his many failed businesses.

We are, as mentioned below, in talks with researchers at Watchdog and one other consumer affairs programme. We are also in the process of filing a dispute procedure with Nominet and have a stamped envelope ready to send to Nominet and Trading Standards with print outs of many of the complaints Mr Prust’s legacy has generated for your companies and his from customers old and new. Nominet informed me that if the evidence is compelling enough, you will be black marked (personally and as a business) from ever acting as an agent on their behalf.

We also have a private detective on stand by with Matthew Prust’s home details (and last known addresses) in order to get the necessary domain transfer forms signed and to collect HostLogical signed, headed notepaper to validate the domain transfer. If this fails, we will be seeking advice from Shoreham Air Show and Vicki Cameron who both appear, through Google searches, to be friends or acquaintances of Mr Prust.

Our lawyers have all this evidence and material on file to take this matter through the courts to put a stop to the dreadful service you provide to your customers.

I apologise for taking matters so far. Please make your management aware of the trouble Mr Prust has caused me and many other previous customers. I have a sneaking suspicion that you, Emma, may well be another of Mr Prust’s many aliases, sorry to sound cynical if not – ask him about his friend/colleague Matt Smith.

FYI, I have pasted a number of links for the pages that I will be sending to the relevant authorities if this mater is not cleared up by 12:00 noon Wednesday 19th September.

Yours truly,

Pat Wood

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.