Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DomainLore Auctions....

Discussion in 'General Board' started by Pudsi, Jun 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pudsi

Pudsi Active Member

Has anybody had an dealings with DomainLore Auctions? I recently put two of my domains up for sale there but both got rejected because they were not "premium quality".

UnbeatableLoans.co.uk - I was offered £100 for this domains a few months ago but decided to hold on to it and send it for auction. Apparently this is not "premium quality". Anybody agree or disagree?

Gaffes.co.uk - (A gaffe is a verbal mistake, usually made in a social environment. Often misspelled "gaff"). Again rejected by DomainLore as it's not "premium quality".

I have seen domains for sale at DomainLore that I wouldn't swap for these two domains in a month of Sunday's, yet they made it into the auction?

Am I missing something???

2. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Maybe theyre just concentrating on recent drops for the time being, which would make a lot of sense. I'm sure they may expand but sometimes good to keep a niche target, anyone can start a sedo marketplace. I would hope they move to a more end user platform though, users/catchers will soon get fed up achieving trade sales, when with a bit of marketing they can achieve a similar end user sale in the same period of time, who knows maybe they're marketing to end users already.

3. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

You'll need to take it up with 'Vizzy' here. I have considered his model carefully -- been 'on the fence' a bit with it but at the end of day, after discussing it with cogniscent industry colleagues, I think it's wrong conceptually. Just my 2p.

4. dtm

dtm Active Member

Thing with Domainlore it seems is that whatever the members choose to catch with DomainCatch (the sister site) goes on as per the terms or the ones which have advance bids go on (Hence the names you are probably on about)

I had a name rejected, I tried adding suv.org.uk to see if it would be accepted since I saw the option for .org.uk's - I wasn't really surprised since this isn't a spectacular name so though the judgment was probably fair

5. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

Just to add that Denys has rejected some of the names I have caught on domaincatch.co.uk

So he has his standards across the board and even those that catch on his system have to meet them or the names don't get on.

Cheers
    GW

6. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Which is good if they get rejected? do you get to keep them?

7. dtm

dtm Active Member

Interesting to hear, fair enough I guess. To be fair to him those auctions from DomainCatch are the only ones which give return, so it's sensible to be a bit less strict.

8. dtm

dtm Active Member

That just made me think of something. Say a real gem is caught using DomainCatch, isn't it legally the property of the registrant, so therefore they could cease to use DomainCatch and keep the domain, when it is worthwhile to do so.

9. GreyWing

GreyWing Well-Known Member

Yes and you can sell them or keep them whichever you wish.

10. bluerock United Kingdom

bluerock Well-Known Member

renovations.co.uk rings a bell

11. dtm

dtm Active Member

Edit: Probably none of my business what I asked

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  12. aZooZa

aZooZa Well-Known Member

Reservation.co.uk - not the plural which would be worth 10x more...

13. dtm

dtm Active Member

- I didn't realise this was already at auction.

That's what came to my mind, I'm no lawyer but isn't that legally the registrants however it was obtained. Isn't trust holding the relationship together. Say person X walks away and keeps domain, then sells on Sedo and hires a coder with the 50%.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  14. pendragon United Kingdom

pendragon Well-Known Member

I've been waiting over 6 hours for my SMS authorisation message, still nothing.............

15. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Log into the account after confirming email and resend. Worked for me after.

16. pugyrob United Kingdom

pugyrob Well-Known Member

Pretty low though to go down those lines, id hope that won't happen.

From my point of view, my DAC was idle as dont have time to do catching properly. Denys system has been good to me and it is his expertise, so anything is a bonus.

Of course people will dislike it, whilst others will like it depending on which side of the fence we are. One thing is pretty clear and that is that dropcatching as we know it will die pretty soon, every day it becomes less feasible.

17. dtm

dtm Active Member

Yes Rob, I totally agree with you regarding your idle DAC and congratulate you on your catch. It is pretty low but from a legal perspective which all businesses must take, I don't see how it could be anything but yours to do what you want with (If you risk losing your reputation / and future access to DomainCatch) - I would have thought that DomainCatch if anything just highlights that is worth doing however you choose to go about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.