Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Dougs interview on affiliateblog

Status
Not open for further replies.
everyone knows doug only makes the tea at asap, and if he's good let him do a bit of seo.

thats me

I am officially the ceo now, so they don't even let me do the seo or make the tea.

My official role is to post on forums, tell crap jokes and have coffee.....obviously that is on the days I turn up and am not on holiday windsurfing.

Doug

Enjoyed it, its quite inspiring the big numbers you deal in and the way you understand the cost of the domain is worth it due to the added value you add.

Like you said, the 100k+ investment is far more than worth it if you can sell it for 1m+ down the road.

Nice to see this showing up again now :) We should have a chat again one day Doug. It's certainly been one of the most popular podcasts I published!

One point I take from it, is that a few years down the line, he's still doing the same thing. :)

I didn't realise it was you Fraser who ran affiliateblog!

thought it was another Fraser

Nice one - nice site :D

We still do the same

Any time you want Fraser:) Next month is better as I am windsurfing this one:):)

Buy quality domains
Put good content on
Get links
Add news
Add blogs
Do press

The thing I would say though is we do focus on making the site the best in the industry at any cost. Carrentals.co.uk we believe we are there now, but we are still enhancing it. DiscountVouchers.co.uk we are not there yet but getting closer.

Then buy another domain

Doug

model has not changed in years

We have about 50 sites now all in various stages of this process.

One day we may make some cash

Doug

I suppose its just a shame carhire is the better domain.. :)

Any time you want Fraser:) Next month is better as I am windsurfing this one:):)

Buy quality domains
Put good content on
Get links
Add news
Add blogs
Do press

The thing I would say though is we do focus on making the site the best in the industry at any cost. Carrentals.co.uk we believe we are there now, but we are still enhancing it. DiscountVouchers.co.uk we are not there yet but getting closer.

Then buy another domain

Doug

I know

I know and I was offered it in 2002 for £25K and did not have the cash:(

So James bought it.......but carrentals.co.uk is not too bad and with almost 50% of our business now typing in the domain into the top bar suppose we will have to live with it:):)

Motto buy the best domain name you can afford at the time

Doug

There's so much you can take from guys like Doug, the 2x Chris's etc. The wealth of info they freely give is astounding! Thing is you don't need their deep pockets to emulate them.... Just the resolve and commitment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts