Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

down? keywork pickup...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Main site & parked pages seem to be hanging ATM.

On another point I've noticed a lot recently where I've checked pages to see they were being delivered and the page has produced just a portal page list of links instead of picking up the keywords, which I know work. Pressing F5 to refresh the page brings them up.

Not just a one off. Is happening a lot especially with the templates.

BTW... where are all the new teplates we were promised? ;)

S

BTW... where are all the new teplates we were promised? ;)S
Absolutely !!

I've been parking with ND for about 2 years now and the 'lead'
ND once had in presentation is now long gone.

Indeed, I'm sick of having to mismatch domain concepts with restricted
graphics choices that are distinctly 'stale' compared to what has rolled
out elsewhere.

What's going on ND ?

Hi guys,

We did unfortunately have some very nasty traffic on the system over the weekend which made things slow for some time. That coupled with the first good weather of the summer didn't help to make the weekend the best earnings period of the year but everything is fixed now. I apologise for any inconvenience.
On the portal page display, this was an error with Google's response times to our queries. If you are still experiencing anything on this, please send me any examples and we can look at it with them more closely.
On templates etc, it is nice to see that the bigger companies followed suit in the trail which we set for them and we are looking to come out with further developments on our earlier pushes in this direction.

Ed

Ed, The keyword pickup is still seriously screwed.

The internal preview happily puts up the expected search results then the live page produces garbage.

In cases of a strong domain name, especially a compound or strong single word the searches are relating to the domain name and ignoring the keyword and category completely.

There should be less weight to the domain, and/or an option in the settings for each domain to turn off the domain name weighting.

S

Hi Tifosi,

If you can send me any examples of this, please send them to me and I will get them rectified by Google. As I have mentioned before - all keywords submitted by parking companies to Google are merely suggestions and not necessarily hard fact as they see it. If you get me any examples, I can get them fixed.

Ed

Hi Tifosi,

If you can send me any examples of this, please send them to me and I will get them rectified by Google. As I have mentioned before - all keywords submitted by parking companies to Google are merely suggestions and not necessarily hard fact as they see it. If you get me any examples, I can get them fixed.

Ed

pm sent... also optimisation request to namedrive email.

Ed, while you're looking at this can I make a suggestion.

There is the settings for blocking certain keywords which have shown up in the searches, which is useful.

Isn't there also a need for the ability to add custom keywords that should be excluded from searches. Essentially the reverse of the positive keyword/category matching.

In such a way the results sent back from google would exclude certain non- keyword/category results. For broad categories this would still bring back a full result set, but would exclude certain 'difficult' results.

Thanks

S

Hi S,

Do you mean excluding terms which have not yet been searched on the domain, but you don't want to ever return results if they are searched? We do have the ability to implement that manually at the moment and we are looking at giving people the option to enter specific user searches for domains so you can choose which 12 results are shown on the page at all times. For the moment, if you would like to do this, please drop me a mail and I'll get it sorted out for you.

Ed

Ed, yes.

Essentially automating all/part of that. Going to be essential in future to avoid any TM or search conflicts in cases of strong domains vs keywords. Gives the ability to target the keyword searches to exactly what the domain owner wants to show.

Thanks

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom