Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

dressupgames - 450K exacts per month!

Discussion in 'Domain Appraisals' started by dashu1, Nov 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dashu1 United Kingdom

dashu1 Well-Known Member

it's the org uk - dress up games gets 450K exacts per month, dressupgames.com is the 17,000th most visited website in the world.

Surely it's got to have some potential, even if only a small fraction of those searches ended up as visitors it's still a heck of a lot.

Perfect for Adsense I'd have thought, since kids have no money to spend.

2. Systreg

Systreg Well-Known Member

Brum bought it for £100 here and left it to drop the other day, I saw it sitting there unregistered after it dropped, no idea if Brum did anything with it or not.

3. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

Exacts are often real world irrelevant for sure mainly domainers prefer using them but if you an end user most don’t care (there more concerned its there product, service, description, catchy etc) There are plenty of companies making millions that may only have a handful of searches a month they tend to way up the initial bonus against the long term that’s were org.uk fail ? If you can’t develop then chances of sale and achieving anything realistic of its potential are pretty slim…

4. dashu1 United Kingdom

dashu1 Well-Known Member

I agree with you that for businesses exacts are in some cases irrelevant, but for a site aiming to make money from adsense, etc, then volume is really the critical ingredient.

It is very easy to set up a games site, theres a plugin for doing it with Wordpress for 50 Euros (myarcadeplugin).

5. namealot United Kingdom

namealot Well-Known Member

Trouble is trying to get more than reg fee or xx out of most adsence buyers is hard work... Personally I'd stick up a site see what it did for six mths as you say there is volume there just needs tapping...

6. cc976a United Kingdom

cc976a Well-Known Member

With a name like this the sell is going to be with a % of this traffic

450k uniques sounds great, and if took even 10% of this could see a nice £xxx to £x,xxx per month return with the right advertising strategies - but how difficult is it to get there.

If easy do it and then sell or keep - if difficult can't see many taking off your hands to try.

7. Bailey United Kingdom

Bailey Well-Known Member

I can imagine all the mothers - looking for 'free' ideas and thinking "adverts for products" that not what i'm looking for.

Would need some relevant 'Quality Content' to keep anybody on the page for more than a second-or-two

8. dashu1 United Kingdom

dashu1 Well-Known Member

cc976a - I *think* it'd be easy to rank, I'm going to stick a site on it and see what happens.

Bailey - I think it'll be mainly kids looking for free flash games to play online.

So, I imagine the way to do it is to have an Adsense image based ad near the top on the left hand side that will hopefully show ads they'll be interested in, and that they'll then click.

Otherwise it'll earn nothing since kids don't have money to spend.

9. murph United Kingdom

murph Well-Known Member

Easy to rank is debatable after EMD update. You might be lucky in the sense that it's a non commercial term though... Who knows how this this works with G anymore!

10. dashu1 United Kingdom

dashu1 Well-Known Member

Very true, it's just a case of try it and see I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.