Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DrinkingGames.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just bought this on DL, and have thrown a design up on there.

Let me know what you think:

drinkinggames.co.uk - homepage
drinkinggames.co.uk/physical-drinking-games.php - category page
drinkinggames.co.uk/beer-pong-drinking-game.php - game page

No content on there yet. Will be adding soon - probably on the weekend.

Cheers,
Matt

Looks v nice! glad i didn't bid on it as i'd have just done not much with it, :)

It all looks really nice, should do well on the social side of things. My only gripes are:

"game/quick facts" table doesn't look very nice, I'd stick to a table in a similar colour to the main menu on the right, the orange gradient and the rounded corners which you don't have else where on the site aren't great.

Get the wallpaper to scroll correctly, on my monitor can see the join on the right hand side.

Get rid of addthis, just add the official buttons for Facebook, Twitter ,Google and maybe Pintrest. IMO the others aren't worth having and Addthis breaks all the time (looks broke on your site with the border round the add this button).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the comments :)

Aaron - good points that you have made. I actually quite like the quick facts table - it's the same table as I have on the categories pages. Will get to changing the background so it's seamless, and you make a good point about the buttons - it's something I had noticed and just hadn't got around to fixing.

Cheers,
Matt

Yep I like it. Well done. It looks just how a drinking games website should look if you imagined it. I am sure it will do well if you spread it about on FB.

Fixed the issue of the background pattern now - should be seamless. I got rid of the pinterest and share buttons but kept the addthis code purely to save time.

You should be aware of this http://www.asa.org.uk/News-resources/Hot-Topics/Alcohol.aspx since it might be that your site breaches the UK law on advertising alcohol (since alcohol consumption is the purpose of a "drinking game"). Better to be aware now than caught out later.

You make a great point and I must admit, I had overlooked the legal issues that may be associated with this website. I've now removed any reference to 'getting drunk' and have replaced with just 'drinking'. I've added a paragraph disclaimer to the homepage, as well as a general disclaimer on the bottom of all pages on the footer.

Thank you for all feedback.

Looks good to me, the facebook implementation works well too.

I think it's a great idea! I throw parties every weekend, but it kind of gets boring just with card games and some beers or wine. So, yea, in my opinion your website rocks!

Site now has content and some elements (quick facts box, a-z drinking games) have been added. I don't plan on doing any more work on this site in the near future as I have a busy period coming up... but feel free to check it out now that it's done and let me know what you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom