Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

dropcatcher.co.uk email about .uk

Reaction score
Anyone else getting spam emails from dropcatcher.co.uk ?

This is an important email for the attention of xxxxx xxxxxxxx. You are receiving this email because you have previously been a customer of, or hold an account with, Drop Catcher the UK’s leading drop catching service for catching .UK domains.

We wanted to let you know that if you own a .CO.UK, .ORG.UK, .ME.UK, .NET.UK, .PLC.UK, or LTD.UK domain, the matching .UK domain may have been reserved for you by Nominet until 25 June 2019. This could mean if you own yourwebsite.CO.UK, your equivalent .UK domain, so yourwebsite.UK, may have been reserved. After 1 July 2019 any reserved .UK domains that have not been registered will be released into the public domain. This means they can be registered by anyone.

If you own a .CO.UK and wish to secure the rights to the .UK you can do this with your current registrar. If your domains are still held by Drop Catcher then you can do this simply by logging into your control panel at www.dropcatcher.co.uk and then click the “Register .UK” button next to the domain under Manage Domains. You will need to ensure you have at least 1 credit to do this.

On the 1st July over 3 million domains will become available. Drop Catcher has registered to take part in the process to register these domains immediately as they become available. If you would like to reserve a .UK domain then you can register them in the normal way in your Drop Catcher account. If you would like to see what domains are currently unregistered and will come available on 1st July then there is a list available to purchase on the website https://releaselist.uk/ for £35. This list contains the entire list of all 3 million .UK domains available along with other useful information such as:
  • The domain
  • The domain that has the rights currently
  • Registration date for the domain with current rights (year-month-day)
  • If the term is a common dictionary word (yes/no)
  • How many tlds (com, net, org, us, info, biz) is the domain registered in 6 columns with the info about the above tlds (yes/no)
  • Exact keywords that the term comprises of
  • Approximate google cost per click for those keywords (note only common terms are included)
  • Approximate monthly google searches for those keywords (note only common terms are included)
  • Contains a number (yes/no)
  • Contains a hyphen (yes/no)
  • Length of domain term
If you have any questions about .UK release please feel free to email them to me and I will do my best to answer them for you.

Where are they getting the data from as I’ve had several emails to different addresses ?

I note if you ever used them to catch a name (years ago) they put a note in the notes field: https://registrars.nominet.uk/regis...gement/field-definitions-and-registrant-types

So they could have stored the Registrant email addresses ?

Where are they getting the data from as I’ve had several emails to different addresses ?

Mystery solved.

You are receiving this email because you have previously been a customer of, or hold an account with, Drop Catcher

Please email me if you have any other questions.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom