Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Dropped Pre Noms

Status
Not open for further replies.
norweb

Admin - noticed you just posted norweb.co.uk. Seems it was registered today by TagNames. Did they catch it as it dropped or was it free and then they spotted it here. Can you tell?

It was showing as free when we posted it but WHOIS has been slow to update this evening and is always (by design) at least 5 minutes off real time.

With people like TagNames doing Elequa-like buying-up stunts, none of us have a chance anymore.

Not really the case is it. :?

You stand as much chance as anyone else - what makes the difference is that TAGNAMES has perhaps got his script working well - done a lot of research to populate his database etc.

If perhaps some people have mutiple TAGs or other tricks which rely on capital then perhaps some will have the advantage.

you have to remember nominet didn;t design this "competition", whether they do anything about it to make it "fair" is yet to be seen

charlie said:
Not really the case is it. :?

you have to remember nominet didn;t design this "competition", whether they do anything about it to make it "fair" is yet to be seen

But by the time they do anyway it will be/is too late !!

DG

domaingenius said:
But by the time they do anyway it will be/is too late !!

DG

They changed things for the last prenom drop and it seemed to do the trick...

People have to have more than a passing interest in names to be catching them... owning a tag and creating a list of names to monitor is not really a great barrier to entry.

A total spend of about £250 the other night probably 'created' value of £50-100k.

In it to win it and all that ;)

i think a TAG will set you back £500 - nominet membership required to make the TAG useful unless you want to pay £80 per domain registration!

charlie said:
i think a TAG will set you back £500 - nominet membership required to make the TAG useful unless you want to pay £80 per domain registration!

:)

The costs even at £80 + VAT reg fee would make it worth while.

Investing a grand (tag...system etc) to catch names is not that bad considering what can be made back, and those not doing it and still wanting the top dropped names shows how serious they are ;)

The hardest part ive found is getting a decent Script to monitor and catch them as despite promises no one is willing to assist,

DG

It costs alot of time and effort to get a good catching system. I am not saying mine is the best as i know it is not, but it works and works well for me, and i have spent over 18 months to get it right for me.

domaingenius said:
The hardest part ive found is getting a decent Script to monitor and catch them as despite promises no one is willing to assist,

DG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom