Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Easiest way of collecting opt-in email addresses in WordPress

Reaction score
I'm looking to collect email addresses, the same as a newsletter opt-in, but I just want to save the address to a .csv or something.

Anyone know of an easy way to do this with a plugin in Wordpress?

I've done it with mailchimp before and just exported the .csv but since then they have reduced the number of contacts you can collect for free, and as I'm not looking to send anything yet I'd prefer not to sign up and pay.

'Seedprod coming soon page' does exactly this, but it takes over the whole website, I'd just like a box I can stick in a widget somewhere on the site.

Thanks

You can do this with Elementor very easily natively, but also via Mailchimp if necessary. All the solutions you're looking for are usually paid. You could use Typeform also, and simply embed the frame, but it's likely going to need paying for. Are you expecting a lot of email captures?

Why not just code something yourself? Can't be too hard to just add emails to a database table, via a simple bootstrap form or something?

Last edited:
Not bad, but is 6 months out of date. Don't leave yourself vulnerable to attack, by using something that isn't up to date with the security fixes within WordPress. Personally, sometimes you just have to invest a bit of money into something and take a risk.

Not being updated isnt an issue, if there is a security issue the repository will deal with it if/when that became apparent. If the plugin was marked as abandoned which can be seen in various WP security checks, either server side or with something like Wordfence, then yeah there maybe merit to investigating alternatives incase in the near future it got removed from the repository. But just having no updates, could just mean its a basic plugin which doesnt require any adaptions to latest versions etc.

I've got a few clients at the moment that seem to be doing very well with a email capture and revenue generation for content and ecommerce sites called Drip, I havent used it personally but seems like a good platform when i set it up for them and monitored the stats.

Other than that, typically I use Elementor if viable, gravity forms with mailchimp pr sendinblue integration.

I don’t disagree, but if a plug-in is not regularly updated or developed and they are not adding or tweaking code or adding new features, it’s avoidable for me personally. Also, there have been a few big improvements releases from WP the past 6 month, including WP6

I don’t disagree, but if a plug-in is not regularly updated or developed and they are not adding or tweaking code or adding new features, it’s avoidable for me personally. Also, there have been a few big improvements releases from WP the past 6 month, including WP6

I'm the opposite, I install a plugin for being lightweight and doing what I need it to do, If a developer keeps adding new features that are not needed, turning it more commercial with ads, upsells, notices and sparkly UI to it, i'm more likely to find an alternative that just does whats needed in simple form. WP although has had alot of changes, and focuses on making everyone move forward with PHP versions, its still only PHP functions and depreciations, from a plugin point of view something that was last updated 6 months ago, wouldnt have needed updating much, if at all for a long time yet.

I still use plugins which havent been updated in 2 years, because ultimately there is nothing to update so the only purpose of updating would be to show everyone the developer and plugin is still active, no phyiscal changes.

You’re putting words in my mouth, so I’ll leave you to your opinion.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom