Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Eclipse ,any good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Good morning
Does anyone on here know of the ISP Eclipse, and if so are they any good and what is their support like ?.

Cheers

Highly recommended.

I use them in my office.

Support is good. If there is a problem you usually can't get through because other users are reporting it.

The only time i have spoken to them they were very efficient and got the problem sorted in 30 seconds.

very good. Not the cheapest. I use for work/vpn. No port blocking as far as I can see, and a static IP. Very good when I recently moved house. Billing software could be better.

S

Likewise v.good, I know several who use them including myself with no problems so far (touch wood).

They have recently been taken over by Kingston I think (not 100% on this) but does not seem to have affected service.

Great, thank you for the information. By chance, do they give out static IP's ?

Cheers

inshallah said:
Great, thank you for the information. By chance, do they give out static IP's ?

Cheers

If you want one, or two, they'll allow you to have them. You can also change them in your control panel. If you want a range, you have to justify why via a RIPE form.

Personally I think Eclipse have gone down hill. They are one of the original "proper" ISPs, however a lot of people complained at the performance of the MaxDSL product when they changed to it from Flex. You might like to consult the Eclipse forum on www.adslguide.org.uk for more user accounts of the ISP.

Have any of you on this thread got static IPC's with eclipse on which you host a website , and more to the point are those static ip's reliable enough ?

Cheers

inshallah said:
Have any of you on this thread got static IPC's with eclipse on which you host a website , and more to the point are those static ip's reliable enough ?

Cheers

You don't host a "reliable" web site on the end of a broadband connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom