Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Economy W U or V?

Discussion in 'General Board' started by retired_member6, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

What do you reckon, I'm seeing amazing sterling strength, as you are, same site aint it, figures show upward trends all round, jobs readjusting as expected but no real recruitment drive, but what's going to happen, dip again or is it on the way up fully?

I'm getting 5 lei to a quid now, blinding, hasnt been like that since I moved here in March 2007 5.05, did dip to 4.15 I think at one point, panic, can it last? and sterling is rallying against the euro, their economy still in a gale, which is why considering lowering house price again, as long as I can benefit on the euro exchange rate, don't care if get less in sterling if the euros going down and can get more.

Middle of a W or the start of a full rise? false dawn?

*Still a long way to go though, rent was around £330 when came here, need the euro to slip as thats what rent is in, went up to £500 but now around £422 today, still miles better. Imagine if uk went bust, how expensive that would have got if other direction.

2. rob

rob Founding Member

Middle of a W

3. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

I did my easiest "usual price" £500 sale to business on friday, manual reg from the drop, 30 mins later and sold and cash in the bank, business has money but listening to bbc world service and them talking recession yesterday afternoon on way to the girlfriends, they still seem a little edgy about the economy, must say, aint really felt the recession yet, just my usual boom and bust spending, next boom hopefully soon. Seems to be a fortnightly cycle. Domains not dropping for three weeks aint helped otherwise I'd have been on a right roll.

4. rob

rob Founding Member

You are a one man economic cycle :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

Just sold buycycles for £30. Can I patent an economic one?

6. mat

mat Well-Known Member

7. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

is he posting pics of himself again? on ignore, don't know why the stalker bothers. Serious thread, stay away if have no input, thanks.

8. rob

rob Founding Member

I agree, what is the view like in Romania long term? I read about 'western' capitalists taking over eg:

[​IMG]

9. retired_member6

retired_member6 Banned

I'm not an economist, just want to use the current crisis to my benefit when it comes to selling house and exchanging currency and buying here or whatever gf wants to do. Wish I'd sold up two years ago but dithered after mum died and kept it, would have had a lot more euros in the bank with that 1.45 rate. Romania will fair better than most but then Romanians have far less to fall, despite their gains, besides eu budget and development should keep them intact and in growth I think as long as latvia don't go bust. Don't really know much else.

10. retired_member32

retired_member32 Retired Member

there is a bounce from the pound against the euro with the news that the german economy isn't has strong as first thought thus hitting the euro,house prices still dipping forget what building socities are saying !!!! it is in there interest to say house prices are increasing and they try there hardest to bring it up every ten minutes,the pound has been steady because of the brown fiasco which took the economy of the front pages and the ftse didn't react,manufacturing is poor and being neglected so that will bite them up the arse very soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.