Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Escrow now support GBP transactions.

Reaction score
Just received this email....

"We are excited to announce that we have enabled currency support for the Pound Sterling (GBP). This new capability means that escrow transactions in GBP involving any item of value, including domain names, vehicles, machinery, aircraft, or anything that a business or an individual might want to buy or sell online, are now possible.

Our GBP support comes just a few months after the launch of Escrow Offer, the easiest way to introduce the power of price negotiation into online platforms. This followed the release of Escrow Pay, which lets businesses integrate the protection provided by the powerful Escrow.com API directly into their websites, mobile apps and online marketplaces. "

https://www.escrow.com/

Still bloody expensive compared to Transpact though

Agreed, however I have found some buyers have lack of confidence in Transpact simply because they are relatively unknown compared to Escrow.com

About 8 years overdue... if i think back to using them then and the 'it's coming soon' emails I got from their business team!!

Agreed, however I have found some buyers have lack of confidence in Transpact simply because they are relatively unknown compared to Escrow.com

Ive used Transpact many times and never had any problems. They're always at the other end of a telephone if you need to chat to them.

Good fast service and very cheap!

Ive used Transpact many times and never had any problems. They're always at the other end of a telephone if you need to chat to them.

Good fast service and very cheap!
I've never had a problem using Transpact either, but I have had a problem convincing some buyers that Transpact is a viable alternative to Escrow.com

I believe Escrow only support bank payments (no CC or Paypal) for GBP transactions at the moment. However based on what support told me, they do seem to have a UK bank account for this purpose.

If somebody completes a GBP transaction with Escrow.com please let us know how it goes.

Unbelievably late... a decade to introduce it? Transpact are good but the website looks amateurish ( actually a bag of spanners is closer), I've chatted with the MD in the past, I think they think it looks OK. Given the exact nature of what they offer it shouldnt look anything but very professional. Also, I think an EV SSL should have the same name as the domain/ trading name...but thats probably just me.

And Escrow.com has already stopped support GBP.

Told me that it has only been temporarily removed while they sort out some banking issues with GBP (US banking system is notoriously outdated). No set date for its return unfortunately.

That said, given the business escrow.com does with UK customers it's a huge gap in their offering that should be easier to fix than the time already taken.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom