Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Evidence

Discussion in 'Domain Name Disputes' started by grandin, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grandin United Kingdom

grandin Well-Known Member

Rob wrote 'I thought it was Ed @ the legal team being called unprofessional and a liar that made him stop posting - which is something I completly agree with his stance on.'

Who said ed was a liar? Who said this was Ed's stance? Have you asked Ed...some may say you are deforming his character by saying things he didn't say?

Rob I think you should provide evidence so we all know where we stand

Lee

2. Whois-Search

Whois-Search Well-Known Member

3. grandin United Kingdom

No post

Thanks who-is...no post from me then?

Lee

4. rob

rob Founding Member

edit : not going to feed the trolls.

me > pub.

5. grandin United Kingdom

facts

Rob, did you mean you were going to stop making things up ie. making assertions based on what you do or don't know?

Clearly not feeding full stop

Lee

6. grandin United Kingdom

Further facts

Jac wrote 'You (and one or two others) have already succeeded in stopping Nominet personnel posting on this forum. Some of the more reasonable Acorn subscribers would have preferred to keep this channel of communication open. You have succeeded in closing it. What is your purpose sneezy? To frustrate me and others who were prepared to listen into not bothering to contribute either? This may give you (and grandin) a short-lived sense of euphoria but it will deprive every other reasonable person on Acorn Domains of the chance to interact with individuals who may well be able to offer immediate advice and suggestions to their benefit.'

I write 'time and time again Jac has asserted that Nominet have left this forum because of a few others and myself. It is only reasonable to keep posting this assertion if it is factual ie. that the person concerned has said it. If someone continues to assert something that is detrimental to another then he/she must provide evidence. Rob has now made an opinion (post Jac's assertions) which I have personally being effected by.

No evidence was given by Nominet to justify its assertion ie. that I was a member of Acorn prior to Nominet directing me to Acorn.'

Given that Nominet are a member of this board I suggest they put right the wrong….. Why has Nominet reduced its involvement on Acorn, in particular discussing important Trade Mark infringement issues...is it as Rob has said because I have some how called a Nominet member a liar. Does the assertion lack credibility?

I have noted that a thread now exists with these detrimental assertions. The thread is now closed and has a high google ranking. I have no opportunity to clear my name.

Lee

7. rob

rob Founding Member

First up:

Lee

For the last time; you were directed to Acorn Domains because Nominet used to interact with the dropcatching and domaining community on here and answers to the questions you were raising were already on this forum for all to see. Nominet does not sponsor or recommend any public forum.

You may wish to note that since your accusations and allegations on this board, Nominet personnel have ceased to interact. In this respect (and as I said before) personally, I think your crusade has been counterproductive because you, and some others, have deprived Acorn Domains of a valuable communication channel and for what? Your own vanity?

Such is life; you can't unfry an egg.

Regards
    James Conaghan

Further in that thread you, lee, who Jac was addressing did not deny the above.

Further to this it also says:
    Likewise your post entitled 'liars' - found here talks about Nominet and is then has a reply by Mr Penman below saying due to his posts and emails being taken out of context he will no longer be posting.

Perhaps you can clarify who exactly in nominet is a liar lee? or are all of them liars?

Feel free to clear things up for us here, as it seems a few people get the wrong end of the stick when you post things with such vauge terms as 'LIARS' :)

why use titles like 'assertions' 'evidence' and write out 'full stop'. Do you have a broken keyboard?

Regarding feeding trolls as Hazel has said elsewhere "it was aimed at the minority who raise the same (or very similar) point over and over again in umpteen different threads."

8. sneezycheese

sneezycheese Active Member

9. rob

rob Founding Member

Definition of Troll:
    From the fishing term. As a noun, synonymous with flamebait. As a verb, to post controversial or provocative messages in a deliberate attempt to provoke flames.

10. grandin United Kingdom

Disappointed

Hi Rob, I am disappointed to find that my assertions have created such a view point. Nominet's interaction with one of their PAB members has created numerous posts that created this opinion...clearly noted by yourself in your post here today.

It seems that interaction between Nominet and the PAB member (according to Nominet's PAB member) has created a judgement that I was not credible in my assertion, and as a result Nominet employees reduced interaction on Acorn.

Clearly Rob you are entitled to your opinion based on the information provided and thats what you have done. I am personally disappointed and as such must take every endeavour to clear my name.

Lee

11. rob

rob Founding Member

Excellent - so lets clear it up, in the post http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/nomin...8451-legal-status-uk-domains-7.html#post36652 here entitled liars that talks about Nominet telling you to come to Acorn - who do you mean is a Liar?

I am sure we dont want anyone to get the wrong impression - so who is the liar you meant ?

12. grandin United Kingdom

Intersting

Jac wrote 'he knew you were a subscriber to this forum at the time.'

How did he know, when I wasn't?

Lee

13. retired_member11

retired_member11 Retired Member

You could try writing to your MP.

14. rob

rob Founding Member

I must have missed the reply - can you clear it up for me as I am quite stupid when it comes to such things :)

Who did you mean was a liar when you entitled the post 'Liars' and then posted about Nominets advice?

If Nominet - was it the person you were talking to in Nominet that is the liar? If not... who?

15. olebean United Kingdom

olebean Well-Known Member

Admin

Can we close the thread, it only regurgitates old issues

16. rob

rob Founding Member

Agreed - but let Grandin clarify who he is calling a liar first as it would be very unfair on him otherwise.

17. olebean United Kingdom

I am not sure that is wise for admin to allow

18. Jac

Jac Active Member

Actually Admin,

I'd like the thread left open to allow Mr Grandin the opportunity of retracting his "liar" comment. After all, he may not have meant to use that word and he may wish to apologise if he did not mean to infer or insinuate that one or other people at Nominet was a "liar".

I think this would be in everyone's best interests.

Regards
    James Conaghan

19. olebean United Kingdom

maybe those involved in the issues, but not admins nor anyones elses

20. Whois-Search

Whois-Search Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.