Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

EW3N Acquires DomainManage.co.uk (.com)

There seems to be a good explanation of the criticism of Nominet on DNJournal here:

However back to the reality of the situation…

1. Nominet didn’t attend LDC because of the “models” who turned up during their cocktail last year. This was specifically cited to me twice in Oxford recently.

2. Two candidates were disqualified from the NED election which starts tomorrow (one of those has threatened to sue Nominet here). Both attended the London Domain Conference instead and both had problems attending because of Nominet.

3. Nominet growth is down because the introduction of .uk in 2014 has cannibalised the growth of the registry and total DUM has dipped below 11 million in recent months.

This is what happens when you take the eye off the ball make random acquisitions and not market your main product. Yet according to @Kieren it’s all the members fault?

And also not looking after your memebers, instead treat memebers like they dont exist.

Thanks Andrew but not much of Nominet on that link... unless I was missing something.

1. Nominet didn’t attend LDC because of the “models” who turned up during their cocktail last year. This was specifically cited to me twice in Oxford recently.

:eek: .. ok... this comes as a surprise.. At least, now I know. .. so much wasted energy could be spent elsewhere :( .. ok, it is what it is..

.. sad.. especially when you understand that so many people whom I know probably knew this.. and nobody said anything :/

---

no worries, one Summit is over, next one is on next year!! :) positive vibes!

** update **

We are in the process of taking control of the site.

All current clients will be sent an email link with the opportunity to jump on a Google Meet to have a chat through features and express their opinions.

This will be a rapid deployment of features and people will have the choice of a self-serve service (as is) or fully managed. Fully managed offers the benefits of payment integration & negotiation should that be required.

We are looking at new landing page layouts so it is cleaner plus escrow-com and dan-com checkout options as an alternative to using the fully managed service.

If the sentiment is to keep everything as is then we will roll out a new product for internal use on a separate domain whilst maintaining the legacy system.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom