Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Extensions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
If i could have a bit of advice please guys.

I'm about to grab a highly searched keyword url and the extensions left are: .gb.com, .uk.com, .uk.net & .org.uk

I'll play around with it and put it up a simple info site with affiliates.

I'm Uk based but the keywords and info apply globally.

Which one should i grab? :confused:

The .uk.com is more expensive but the difference of £20 or $40 doesn't come into it with this domain name.

Last edited:
The first 3 aren't really proper extensions so I would take the .org.uk.

Grant

You've lost me now. If you mean type in traffic, i realise .com & .co.uk would be the choices. I meant what restrictions would there be on .gb.com, .uk.com, .org.uk etc...

I was more interested in the domain name as an seo standpoint, as i beleive it may carry some weight. This is really as an experiment in a high search area. Though typein traffic would have been a bonus.

From the standpoint of typeins what's the opinions on playing with the name, taking into account overture keywords and google trends, and find .info or .net options. Or go through until .com's or .co.uk's came up with a slightly lower search trend?

From the standpoint of typeins what's the opinions on playing with the name, taking into account overture keywords and google trends, and find .info or .net options. Or go through until .com's or .co.uk's came up with a slightly lower search trend?

This has kind of lost me a bit.

But I'm starting some tests with a couple of .org.uk's that I have.

To be honest I'm not all that fond of anything other than .com's and .co.uk's
(although I have a few .info's and .org.uk's)

From a domain value and SEO point of view I think you're best staying with coms and couks. But I don't listen to my own advice so what do I know.

Infos have potential I think, and I like them better than .orgs and .nets

Good luck... hey after you've bought it, I'm interested which domain it is that you're talking about...

Once i've got it i'll probably park it for a while and get the content sorted out.
I'll let people know what it is when it's up with content, might be a while. Then we can see how it does.

It's really just an experiment as i'm quite new to this. The affiliates will only be there to hopefully cover it's costs, but really don't mind if i lose a few quid as long as i can learn something from it.

I'd go for .org.uk from those.

From an SEO point of view .org.uk is fine, no difference to a .co.uk.

Take your pick, no one will type any of these in.

I have to say i disagree with you a bit there - .uk users do type in .org.uk's

I reg'd one two weeks ago and it is had over 100 type-ins already. :)

id taKE THE .UK.COM OR THE .UK.NET maybe, but not a gb.com - yuk ;)

Got it in .co.uk, a slight variation though, but still highly searched.

Just spent 4 hours getting site up, wordpressed it in the end with a basic about page, as I was getting hacked off trying to get the layout etc... how I wanted it. Thrown in some adsense, and I'll work on the content over the next few days. Was going to park it, but thought I could get content up soon enough. ;)

Got it in .co.uk, a slight variation though, but still highly searched.

Just spent 4 hours getting site up, wordpressed it in the end with a basic about page, as I was getting hacked off trying to get the layout etc... how I wanted it. Thrown in some adsense, and I'll work on the content over the next few days. Was going to park it, but thought I could get content up soon enough. ;)

Can u tell us what the mystry domain is now plz - im dying to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts