Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Fabulous blog post about getting caught in the trap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its very true, the number of domain owners who create jobs for themselves in sectors they have no interest is amazing.

Its very true, the number of domain owners who create jobs for themselves in sectors they have no interest is amazing.

I think we are all guilty of that, myself included - thats the major positive AND negative about domaining / affiliate marketing

why on any affiliate blog is it so difficult to find the sites they actually run?
or have i missed the obvious links section here?

why on any affiliate blog is it so difficult to find the sites they actually run?

Good point charlie. Makes you wonder whether blog posts like that are simply well worded fodda.

probably because they dont want to highlight the sites they run well , as people will try and copy them (and as a result damage their income)???

Good point charlie. Makes you wonder whether blog posts like that are simply well worded fodda.

Having known Kirsty for a number of years, I can confirm that it is not well worded fodda :)

probably because they dont want to highlight the sites they run well , as people will try and copy them (and as a result damage their income)???

Spot on :)

if her ideas are so good - perhaps you could reg these - listed on her site

boyfiends.co.uk and girlfiends.co.uk

:)

Without context its very hard to understand the true measure of success. they dont mention income (unlike the other blog - which mentioned £13k a day - thats inspiration) You would think that if you are supportive of the industry then you would share knowledge and experience in pratical forms - we are fighting over 10 billion potential customers?? thats plently of room for all of us surley?
i can only assume the industry is very fragile and people arent confident.

Och Charlie, I think you're just jealous of my incredible drunken domain brainstorming prowess from a few years ago. One day they'll be absolute search engine gold. Well, ummm.... maybe!

Maybe spend a couple of hours going through some of my old posts... you'll find lots of my sites showcased repeatedly alongside a lot of "real life" examples of my life as an affiliate. There's even some stats here and there.

As for mentions of my income. Sorry! No dice there, I don't like to talk about that. Like most normal people I keep my personal finances private :D

I just write about what I do, and the job I love with a passion and a few people read and enjoy it. That's good enough for me, so I don't think I have to prove a golly gosh darned thing. :cool:

Edit: I see you have a couple of undies sites - I've got 3 large sites in this sector and have written a lot about them, so maybe worth having a deeper look into my posts as there might be some stuff there you'll find useful??

Kirsty

Last edited:
Welcome back, Kirsty! That's quite a gap between posts, but great to see you posting on here...

Hahaha, thanks Edwin. I think I started getting scared i'd buy even more ridiculous domains I'd no time for developing :)

I sometimes stop by for a look, but it's been a while since my last visit that's for sure!

Kirsty - i'm sure by now them domains are gone, snapped up by some eagle eye entreprenuer keen to capitalise on the modern relationship issues. Believe me, my alcohol fueled registration are normally are typos and not the typos we'd normal consider in this industry, me and nominet were good mates about rolling back a recent reg! :)

I have to admitt that my previous post was based on a less than generous glance but I will take your advice and perhaps try and find those gems of knowlegde hidden in a decade of daily posts! ;) kiddin seriously I will have a look.

I am glad, even if it was for the wrong reasons that we have some one ike yourself contributing to this form. I'll look for your responses in the affiliae section - needs some more in the knowledge pool - no offence anyone!

thanks

Och Charlie, I think you're just jealous of my incredible drunken domain brainstorming prowess from a few years ago. One day they'll be absolute search engine gold. Well, ummm.... maybe!

Maybe spend a couple of hours going through some of my old posts... you'll find lots of my sites showcased repeatedly alongside a lot of "real life" examples of my life as an affiliate. There's even some stats here and there.

As for mentions of my income. Sorry! No dice there, I don't like to talk about that. Like most normal people I keep my personal finances private :D

I just write about what I do, and the job I love with a passion and a few people read and enjoy it. That's good enough for me, so I don't think I have to prove a golly gosh darned thing. :cool:

Edit: I see you have a couple of undies sites - I've got 3 large sites in this sector and have written a lot about them, so maybe worth having a deeper look into my posts as there might be some stuff there you'll find useful??

Kirsty

Hahaha, there's absolutely nothing that beats a good night in with a bottle of wine and a few ridiculous domain regs. I get lots of entertainment reviewing all of mine. I still own LegLove.co.uk *sigh*

Glad you'll take a look at the blog, I think a lot of the posts where I've spoken about my sites are probably in the Wordpress category so try there first! I also do the odd question and answer type post so if anyone has a question they don't mind others seeing they can be submitted via my contact form.

I didn't realised there was an affiliate section on here, so a happy coincidence I popped by ;) Will visit it during my downtimes when inspiration to do "real" work escapes me.

Last edited:
Hahaha, there's absolutely nothing that beats a good night in with a bottle of wine and a few ridiculous domain regs.

sounds like the perfect woman :D

although beer or voddy red bulls preferred :D

Oh hahahaha, thanks. My husband seems fairly nonplussed by my late night dashes in a domain-ward direction. I'm more of a Scotch and Coke lass myself. At least the domains and business ideas I come up with after a few of them are semi reasonable.

Wine on the other hand... I lose 25 IQ points with every glass. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom