Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Fast Wordpress Hosting

Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for fast Wordpress hosting, UK or EU based. Up until now, I have hosted on my own dedicated server, but as numbers have increased I've noticed a decrease in performance. Not a huge number, maybe up to 10 sites, but would like them to be quick.

Thanks for any advice given! Cheers.

I use 20i . Brilliant. And support excellent. They advertise at the top banner here a lot

Free SSL and you deal with real people in support.

What spec and cost is your current dedi, might just need to be upgraded or tuned.

For wordpress you want a server that has litespeed installed. check out guru.co.uk. I currently host many wordpress and many heavy magento sites and they are insanely fast.

https://www.bestwebhosting.co.uk/ (SmartHosting).

Their shared hosting uses litespeed. Use it for client sites.

Very impressed with the speed, particularly with the Litespeed cache WP plugin. And pretty good pricing.

Bought by Krystal last year. Hosting centric.

Last edited:
Yea so many options. I got a site from 1.4MB with 45Requests Pageload was about 3sec. To...
280Kb 14Requests and 0.6 sec just using litespeed. Double AA on Gtmetrix. It would have been even faster if I didn't need to load jQuery in the head.

Also the cache web crawler and image optimiser is great.

lazarus that actually sounds pretty impressive, the type of increase I would expect from a server side cache. Would you mind sharing the website here or via PM ?

I was with tsohost for around 5-6 years and I started experiencing slow loading speeds and even worse was my website going offline 1-2 times every 10-30 minutes or so. I called them up and they moved me to another server and I experienced lightning fast speeds for around a week then randomly during the day the website started slowing down (to around a 20 second loading time)...it actually caused my my website to drop in rank so I moved over to 20i..however it's not as fast as I know the website can be, so may move again depending.

Would really be interested in checking the website out lazarus

Thanks for all the recommendations.

For wordpress you want a server that has litespeed installed. check out guru.co.uk. I currently host many wordpress and many heavy magento sites and they are insanely fast.

Thanks, I'll give guru's reseller package a go with one site, see how I get on. Is there any speed advantage in using their "semi-dedicated" package over the reseller one? Interesting about Magento too.

What spec and cost is your current dedi, might just need to be upgraded or tuned.

It's a quad 3Ghz Xeon E31220 with 16Gb. No SSD though, and runs Windows Server 2012, with no optimisations for WordPress.

I don’t know if the volume of posts/comments makes it impractical, but there are plugins to turn a WP site into static HTML. One suggested use is to host the WP somewhere “safe” and only expose the static version to the world. But of course it should serve much much more quickly as a bonus...

Downside is the HTML has to be “generated” so that’s why it won’t work for a site that’s literally seeing updates all the time.

I swear by mojohost. Been with them for 2 years and you dont even have access to cpanel cause they do everything for you. Install your sites, fix any problems and add ssl etc such a time saver not worrying about that side of things

Reason to do this is it's better for SEO. Although if the site gets really large it will slow things down imo.

I don’t know if the volume of posts/comments makes it impractical, but there are plugins to turn a WP site into static HTML. One suggested use is to host the WP somewhere “safe” and only expose the static version to the world. But of course it should serve much much more quickly as a bonus...

Downside is the HTML has to be “generated” so that’s why it won’t work for a site that’s literally seeing updates all the time.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom